DSC03426.jpg

DSC03434.jpg

DSC03435.jpg

DSC03425.jpg

DSC03433.jpg

DSC03432.jpg

DSC03431.jpg

DSC03428.jpg

Its now got an Apexi filter from a GTi-R on it and odyssey battery.
I have a 95 BTCC head to fit and also a Fidanza flywheel.
Thanks to Kelv, ive just got some OMP buckets with harnesses to go in also.

Since Ive had it, Ive done the following:

4 new tyres
2 new hub studs (one was sheered in half and the other threaded)
New fuel and oil filters
New Mobil 1 oil
P1 rear splitter and spoiler added
Replaced the rear wiper with a punto one
Removed the decals on the doors
Fitted a double din sony md/cd player
GTi-r Apexi filter
Odyssey battery
Some extra ground wires
Regrounded the MAF sensor
Sprayed the cam cover black

Looking good! love the back end with the P1 splitter. Strangely like the front end too with the small lip. Think a P2 grille would set it off nicely though.

Well its not lowered, but they did uprate the suspension. Not entirely sure what they did different but I notice the rears are KYB Excel-Gs, so theyve been replaced at some point. I would imagine it was the same suspension as the GTis over here.

Hally: Ive got a phase 2 grille to go on it, I quite like it as it is as well from the front! Its not too attention grabbing

after a closer look, two more things I personally would do;

Get rid of those silver/chrome wiper arms/ paint them black

P2 aerial, i really dont like the P1 aerial. That would be a bit more work though.

Hally said:
Think a P2 grille would set it off nicely though.
Definitely!

What about those front wipers?? You should paint them black in a hurry they look...rice :eek:
Are you going to de-globe the indicators? I think it would look good against the silver paint.

My favorite part is the front bumper. Looks really nice.

Will be the base coat yeah

Alan fit the head! for god's sake!

have the seats arrived all ready then or are they still en-route?

I love your car man, I'm still mourning the SRi but the Autech's growing on me, tempted to say leave all the P1 bits on, dont think it'd look as good with a P2 kit on it for some reason, it's nice being the autech/p1 mongrel that it is!

Looks good, looks alot better than how they are supposed to come like. I like the exhaust, nice and subtle is that standard.? It looks alot like mine.

Silver wiper arms: I will sort them out at somepoint, maybe this weekend. They were like that when I got the car.
Indicators: I never thought about deglobing them, I'll try and do that aswell, should look alot better as the cars silver.
Engine bay: Its the engine bay colour, which is usually a darker version of the bodywork. Since the photo Ive cleaned it all up and polished the bits I could reach.
Exhaust Jme its the standard one, its FGK or Fujitsubo-Giken (on the backbox anway), its got quite a rasp to it, even at 3000rpm you can hear it.

Kelv: Yeah I got the seats yesterday! Theyre excellent, just another thing Ive got to sort out and fit (if i ever get time + its so fucking cold up here right now, i cant be bothered).
The head is another thing thats work in progress. The work being, take it out of box and put it on desk :D.
Im keeping the SRi for now and just need to sort a few things out on it, and it'll be as good as new (new rear seat is a good help too - cheers). Annoyingly the airbox you sent doesnt want to fit on the throttle body (did the elbow with the BMC fit ok?), but I'l just get a new jubilee clip and clamp it down and pad it out.

looks cool mate! ultimate sleeper :)

I'll let you work out the suspension, I was going to get p1 lowering springs for mine and hope they were suitable :o

thanks! id say yours would get about 10x the attention though
i would say the suspension is just GTi suspension (the brochure just says sports suspension) but in any case it would be phase 1! i'll have a look at some point though

SRi_alan said:
did the elbow with the BMC fit ok?),

Yep! it fit perfectly, which doesnt make sense if the one that fit perfectly on mine (the OE one) doesnt fit on yours! does that mean either throttle bodies larger?

Cleaned the BMC last week and half of Aberdeen's wildlife fell out, was rank! also sprayed the intake arm black coz silver was a bit too bling for me :O pic

That airbox i sent you had a new Nissan filter put in it about 1500 miles ago btw, so should be good for ages.

The bucket seat subframes shouldnt be too hard to make if you know someone with a welder, but im sure a man of your calibre is capable! bonus is while the bucket seats are out you can play NFS in them on your bedroom floor :D

hmmm that is strange, theres a small notch on it as well which means maybe the existing jubilee clipped into it. oh i dont care, i'll just tape it on or something for now lol
I think there could be a padding ring thing thats missing from it.
bmc looks good on your car though! shame its a FAKE.... just kidding lol
cheers for the filter though, I should be able to put the front brace back on now.

Looks mighty fine Alan; so much better than when I sold it on to you just a few short months ago. Rear splitter and spoiler make the car great again. Simple but very effective improvements. I'm impressed, and glad it went to a deserving 'Mera clubber.

Look forward to seeing it again sometime......

Back
Top Bottom