A little something to keep me busy

Today I started adding metal instead of cutting it away.

With the help of this...

20150207_135815.jpg

I ended up with this...
20150207_143808.jpg
20150207_143849.jpg

Not great but its as strong as it needs to be. Once ive learnt to weld properly It'll be alright.

Good stuff mate. Welding comes with experience. Keep going at it and practie as often as you can and you'll be fine. At least you've got a proper rig there to do the job now.

Looking good mate. If you tucked the repair panel under the existing and plug welded through the 3 sheets. That would have ties it into the support panel behind. For what it is though it'll work out ok.

Not quite sure what you mean mate, but every join has been fully seam welded. The tacks were just there for alignment :)

The spot welds above where you've welded the long join. If you had made the top edge of the repair panel about an inch taller, drilled the spot welds out and tucked it between the outer skin and the reinforcing panel behind you would have tied them all together better. It doesn't really matter to be honest but I was just running the scenario if I had to do the same job. Looks like that new welders suiting you ok though. Keep it up.

Oh yeah I see what you mean now. Those spot welds hold 3 panels together, so probably not much room to squeeze anoth sheet between :)

Yeah lovimg the new welder, should have bought one sooner! Well worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom