Towbar fitted to the car saturday and first test drive of the car-b-q
All the lights worked, tow hitch was fine, welds on the draw bar look fine after about 10miles of hard/fast driving, had it up to 90mph and it was ok (a little bit bouncy) and it got many many confused looks!
Only down side is its very noisy and the tracking desperately needs sorting. Ill be welding some spanners onto the track rods tomorrow to see if ill be able to budge em that way!
Reet, been out today and nearly got beaten by the bloody track rod again! In the end i got the grinder out and ground 2 flat spots on the rod so the stilsons would grip it. Once that was done i managed (just about, the nut was fucking tight!) to wind the nut out and adjust as needed. I then put on my ghetto tracking system....
...and took it for a drive...
...on this drive I travelled about 35-40 miles and all seems fine My ghetto tracking system told me the tracking was good enough and the welds seemed more than happy to stay attached to the subframe :yes: I did a few high speed runs and all ill say is 3 figures is sketchy as fuck! 70mph all the way to JAE :lol:
Just need to brace the bottom of the bumper to the chassis as it flexes quite a bit at speed. But besides that everything is ready to go!
Yeah it does need painting. Once ive got some spare cash ill sheet over the back to tidy it up, de-rust the arches and spray it all up. Will probably go matt black just for ease. Then we can play 0s & Xs at meets