Almera GX 5 door

Well if you understand how a turbo actually functions its all logical really mate :)
A year ago I didn't even know what a turbo did or where it was located or anything..
I'm still no expert.. But understanding how a turbo actually works gives you a good idea of how everything goes.
Its actually a pretty simple concept ;)
Joe

well from a guy who turbo'd his car, he said don't lol. probs cheaper to fit an sr20 without the hassle to be honest. i remember reading u can get an sr20ve for £900 delivered on here? thats like 190bhp or something

Oh the idea of how a turbo works is a piece of piss, that's not the problem. But reading through Dale's thread, things like uprating injectors and replacing the ECU to make it work better starts to baffle me. Aaah well, my insurance is expensive enough as it is for the time being, I'll wait until at least next year before I even look into it :(

An SR20VE would be nice haha, but then you've got the tricky task of finding the correct ECU and shafts..
I think Th3k3ymast3r took ages to find the correct ECU for his bro's SR20VE almera.
I read somewhere that one rare Primera in Japan had an SR20VE with 204bhp..

I think alot of people with no knowledge try to jump in halfway and know the terms (and plenty of brand names) but lack the basics and thats why they get confused. That said, I wouldnt have learnt much if I didnt have a go and fuck a few things

Yeah thats why i was gonna go low boost. My engine on 107000 as well if i was gonna swap my engine id prob go sr20det tho. iv always wanted turbo.

Back
Top Bottom