Almera N15 Ga16DNE-T Stock Internals!!!!

What kind of clutch do you have on? Guess the stock one aint strong enough.

GA16DNE-T said:
it´s not plug and play but y can be done, and the difereence of the 2 tranny its amazing

Does the bell housing bolt holes fit the crank case or do you have to make an adaptor plate?
Great figures though mate well done :thumb:

tla-gti said:
Does the bell housing bolt holes fit the crank case or do you have to make an adaptor plate?
Great figures though mate well done :thumb:

you have to use the clutch housing of the GA16DNE and the bell housing of the SR20 tomorrow i wil take some pictures to the tranny cause i got it out of the car right now

Nice figures, and you speak damn good English.

I have seen on the SR20 forum, people with SR20DEN, "N" being, nitrous oxide. But i don't know if this applies here.

damn that turbo conv is mint. where did to manifold come from? would love to turbo mine but the big ends are rattlin now. need another engine. any one got a spare ga16de lying around??

Are there any experience concerning the stock GA16De's time of life with >200hp power?
Won't it die in 3 month? Does anybody know?

InsaneUA said:
Are there any experience concerning the stock GA16De's time of life with >200hp power?
Won't it die in 3 month? Does anybody know?

if you prevent detonation, good oil, 5000 km oil change, change spark plugs, distributor rotor, fuel filter

you wont have a problem at all, its expensive to mantain but it worth the try, mine has been running almost a year and no problems, dayli driver, highway runs, 1/4 mille almosta every week, and it last perfectly, one hint of detonation and the piston will broke trust me, when i assembly the engine for the first time, a vaccum hose broke slightly so when turbo pressure comes up, fuel pressure dont, so my car detonate and borke the piston, the car still run with 3 pistons and with no problems except one, the oil goes everywhere :D

how have you lowered the compression to accomodate the turbo to prevent det?

need to learn for when i do it lol

^ a thicker head gasket, or some sort of plate to raise the head, usually mate..
i suppose you could get low comp pistons too.
Basically your trying to make the combustion chamber bigger..

This is a nice conversion, would love to do mine like this when i can afford the extras to allow for that kind of power.

Was looking at the design of the manifold..I noticed you have removed the cooling fan. Do you have any trouble at all on warm/hot days?? Do you just avoid sitting in traffic??

thanks

Just noticed this is running Methanol injection too. Guessing its being used as a charge cooling device and not actually running pure methonal?

Methanol is apparently a very good octane booster, so is useful on turbo applications and also very useful for high comp NA engines for those of you going the NA route..

I know a lad who was running 70/30 methanol, on his diesal Golf.

He got really good gains, like 30bhp.

Dale said:
^ a thicker head gasket, or some sort of plate to raise the head, usually mate..
i suppose you could get shorter pistons too but then the pistons wouldnt sit flush with the top of the block.

Basically your trying to make the combustion chamber bigger..

1.6 stand comp ratio is like 9.8:1 (i think) would a slightly thicker head gasket alone make enough difference to run this level of boost?

cov_racer said:
1.6 stand comp ratio is like 9.8:1 (i think) would a slightly thicker head gasket alone make enough difference to run this level of boost?
I doubt it, but it helps.. things like a good large intercooler and methanol/water injection will help to prevent detonation. im suprised the engine internals (especially the conrods) can cope with that kind of power (300bhp) though..this car has been running for about a year on standard internals, so it must be quite strong and well setup.

A good air/fuel mixture (usually slightly rich) is also essential to maintian ideal combustion temps so you dont end up melting ze pistons. :)

Back
Top Bottom