Almera N16 GTiR

The whole car is dropped 35mm already... I am using Koni with Eibach for now and this won't change for some time.

I know, and a good choice of dampers you bought too :). Future plans though right ;)

brilliant build, would love to see peoples faces when you pass them in that .

I can record them for you :D
I just came back home and had this opportunity to watch some of that faces... :)
Tomorrow we are up to rearrange the hood as I wrote before. Hope it will happen as I can't do it by myself... ;)
And also, no silencers left in the car whatsoever... Straight 2,5" pipe... nothing else... It's laud as hell but isn't it about that? :D

Peter.

Hey,
listen, do you have any ideas about the following points?:

- oil cooler
- a changed hood so the air flow is better under the hood.

We were thinking yesterday about rebuilding the front of my hood so the hot air would fly up and out but the hood is pretty nasty build from the bottom so there is no way we can just cut it.

Does anyone tried to build sth like this on his/hers own?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Peter.

Why not just use the front spoiler vents to channel air up to the engine bay ? On the air filter side, you can remove the resonator box from behind the wheel arch to provide straight through access for a pipe. It's a bit trickier on the windscreen wash side . . . . . .

Why not just use the front spoiler vents to channel air up to the engine bay ? On the air filter side, you can remove the resonator box from behind the wheel arch to provide straight through access for a pipe. It's a bit trickier on the windscreen wash side . . . . . .

Yeah... the only problem is that I need a way to suck the hot air up from the engine... the cold air comes inside... and has no place to go... :(

Have you thought about raising the bonnet at the back? Some people do this for styling but I hear it's also quite effective for letting air flow through the engine bay.

Have you thought about raising the bonnet at the back? Some people do this for styling but I hear it's also quite effective for letting air flow through the engine bay.

I did... the hood screws are to short and there is not enough space to do so... changing the screws would be hard as well so I am looking for sth new... :)

Peter.

how do scoobies, evos, gti-rs manage with their holey hoods and rain?

Point taken...
yet... I am pretty sure the original designers are a bit better than me or my mates ;)
If I just make holes, I will live ex. the electric installation open to the incoming rainwater... Prefer not to do that actually...
I am closer and closer to an idea of building my own hood out of fiber... Would like to build it out of carbon but I don have an opportunity for doing it...

Still need to turn the turbo 180 degrees and that's a lot of work that I don't have time for... :(

Peter.

Ok, soooo... I tried saving money by rebuilding my hood, etc. and finally I came to this idea that it's better to save money on your engine if it doesn't brake down. :) By this I mean that we finally came to this conclusion that it's time to put some new gadgets inside... first we will start with a brand new oil cooler and than we will work on the ignition... Brand new sparks, etc.
This will cost about 400 GBP but it will be worth the money! :)

Next I will have to think about a braking kit... probably will switch to the Skyline R33 GTS or GTR brakes but I am not sure yet... Will see. :)

Peter.

All sound like a good plan :). Always worth getting an oil cooler in there if you're boosted and pushing a good number of horses. The R33 brakes will be spot on ;).

Hi,
I need a manual of my engine... Does anyone posses such?
For those who hasn't read the topic... I am running a Sunny GTiR SR20DET engine...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help! :)

Peter.

Hey,
how you doing folks? :)
I am working on some upgrades at my car, some new interior, some new body work, new clutch, new fuel management, new boost management... etc. :)
Should rock for this season... :)
Will update you with some pictures as soon as I take some. :)

Back
Top Bottom