Andrew's new piccies

first time I've seen this thread - just spent an hour or more following it right from first page. Absolutely stunning, mate. Best car I've seen on here. You've inspired me - and despite having a new house to sort out and a Mk 4 Spitfire to get on the road, I can see me spending wads of cash on me GTi in future. Damn you...

If it's not a rude question, any idea how much you've spent on it all?

thanks for the comments guys

Although, someone was a little careless with the overspray on the rocker cover! :rolleyes: :lol:

its just a spare rocker cover, i have a new chromed item going on ;)

Dale said:
Nice!

So when you hoping to have it installed?

the main block is in the car, hopefully get the gear box in one night this week

TheSam said:
looks awesome man, you still planning on the C2 install at a later date?

yeah i would have done it this year but im having trouble getting JWT heavy duty springs, g-spec cant get hold of them as jwt have a shortage

will be interesting to see what she runs on the rollers with the s3 cams first tho

im having trouble getting JWT heavy duty springs, g-spec cant get hold of them as jwt have a shortage

I had that same problem. I would've got s4's but they didn't have the springs or valves in stock. Then when i asked for springs for the s3's they didn't have them either. Kinda gay but i have no idea how much manufacturing goes into making them. Suppose they're relatively cheap to buy aswel. Let me know if they get anymore in if your still planning on getting some.

oh what a great car.....amazing, but i have a question:

where can I get the stainless steel cover? or is it self made

i mean this one:
enginecover.jpg

thanks

a guy on the club got them fabricated a couple of years back, they do tend to rattle if you leave them on the car

i never leave it on the car, just use it at shows

Hows the car coming along Andy?

Any updates?

its going well, the engine is now completely in and all wired up, and have had it started

just got a coolant leak which is doing my head in at the min

its looking good, just not happy about some of the chromed items, but these are getting re-done.

last piccies i took, few more bits have been added since

07062008337.jpg

07062008338.jpg

gotta spray the front bar thing thats all chipped, and polish up the chrome parts

its alive at last! lol

well the car is finally back on the road, 9 monts after starting the sr20de rebuild

im not doing this again, lol, was getting a bit fed up of it the last couple of months

so put it into my local nissan dealer and they hooked her up to the consult and got it going, problem with a earth wire and temperature sensor.

but when they went to take it for a drive, it wouldnt move, so off with the gear box, and the clip for the release bearing was snaped doh!

so got it back last night,

its running pretty good, as long as your not going slow, trying to pull away from a junction is a joke, just wants to stall and needs a load of revs to move, its been like that since it was remaped last year, so im contiplating disconectring the dastek, till i get it remaped

e.jpg

f.jpg

h.jpg

tow1.jpg

Good that you've got it going, where did you get the towing eye? I've been looking for one for ages.

with regards your smoothed tailgate, it looks great and I was considering getting it done myself, however, how much would it cost at a bodyshop and does it not mean your screwed if you have to change the rear lights. How you meant to get them out?

eh? The bootlid still opens, you undo the lights from inside like normal.
My smooth bootlid and bumper with number plate were £280 to do and spray.

Back
Top Bottom