Andrew's new piccies

rowdy-GTi said:
....and i cant wait!

If you plan to stick with s3rs keep the existing valve springs, the existing valves should also be fine.

Stock injectors set to 4bar are good for 200whp, so bigger injectors aren`t really needed either.

Im undecided if i will keep the JWT s3rs or get different ones, will see nearer the time

its this sr16ve pistons that are pissing me off now, Everything nissan still hasent got them from nismo 2 months on, so iv ordered another set from
G-spec, they say they can get them in 2 weeks , but its the only set left in the country. :lol:

here's the new lump anyway,

26012008010.jpg

will all be cleaned up

well spent the weekend striping the new engine

my spare head i bought last year is away getting ported and polished

so just awaiting bits to arrive then leave the rest to a specilist, i will let them fit the pistons, rods, bearings, and head

09022008036.jpg

Engine bits arrived

got some new parts fot the engine im rebuilding

19022008049.jpg

Eagle rods and ACL Bearings

19022008047.jpg

GSPEC crank pulley and water pulley
JWTvalve guides
NISSAN SR16VE pistons & Rings
Nismo FPR
Cometic Head Gasket

19022008048.jpg

piccie of the SR16VE PISTON

more to come yet :D

Some nice bits there Alan, good luck with the build and installation.
Be interested to see the build progress, so keep the pics coming.

May i ask where you sourced the pistons and rings from?

I hear you're thinking of a respray...so before you decide on white, may i make some alternative suggestions?
I always thought brown, beige, magnolia and pink were much nicer colours myself, dont you think?

:lol:

Good that your replacing all internals....I couldn't justify rods as OE rods can take 400bhp...but I suppose the weight and 'while your at it' comes to mind.

Good luck.

Good that your replacing all internals....I couldn't justify rods as OE rods can take 400bhp...but I suppose the weight and 'while your at it' comes to mind.

Good luck.

well i wasent planning to but im not doing this again so thought i would better.

Heavy dudy springs and titanium retainers and valves are on order also

Dale said:
May i ask where you sourced the pistons and rings from?

got them from GSPEC, They are nissan OE items
Greg was sayig these are pretty hard to find new

have had a set on order from everything nissan since november last year, they have been having
problems getting them from Nismo.

well hopefully this is the final GTI part im missing

26022008073.jpg

GTI parts so far

phase 2 GTI body kit
phase 2 GTI headlights
GTI strut braces (front and rear)
GTI leather interior
GTI rear brakes
GTI engine
GTI steering wheel

think it can pass for a gti now?

wee update

well a wee update

the new engine is geting put together with all the new parts at the engine place at the min, so hopefully get it back soon.

this arrived yesterday- part of the GB

04042008121.jpg

Was going to fit it today but did something else instead- removed the old gti engine, so much easier this time.

05042008125.jpg

got to remove a few parts from it to put onto the new one,

Great to see the progress mate, its going to be a beast!! Do you know the weight difference between the 3 and 5 door models?

With some numptey (me) somehow ordering half a bearing kit, the engine builder hasent started putting the engine together yet. Got a full set of ACL race bearings in the post yesterday, so they can now start putting the engine together :D

Have made another purchase for the car tho, new rear lights- Lucino VZR Items, been after a set for a while so had to buy them when i got the chance of them, despite them costing a fortune with the £85 inport tax added :(

5d38_1-1.jpg

lucino vzr and old phase 2 item

26042008166.jpg

both lights installed

26042008193.jpg

26042008185.jpg

so now have the jdm rear lights and front bulge indicators to match:D:D

Your car is the best 5door mera Ive seen...

To be honest i prefer your car to most of the kitted up 3doors...

LOL

Only wish i had the money to do the same sort of thing to mine...

The only thing i can afford to do is wash it twice a week and polish it up every 2weeks...

LOL

Back
Top Bottom