Andrew's new piccies

lol well it does show pics that he has done that. That makes the door panel look really good. and i like the way u put the cross over then :)

Edit: You could of had 5" speaker next to the 6.5s and then work your way down :)

Door pods

Mate,the door cards look awesome! I know how difficult they are to do,really well done! Dunno bout the wheels though!!!! ;)

new install progress

Here's some pics of the new install as it stands, still of a lot of work to do on it, and have to make the base yet

I have decided to make it in 4 parts at the minuite, as the sub boxes will be covered in black vinal, and the base and back the amp racks might become one, these will be coulor coded.

boxes coverd with sheet and soaked in fibreglass resin to get the shape before applyiny the matting.

front5.jpg

Matting on and hardened and skinned with body filler

front4.jpg

can just make out the shape of the sub fronts and domed area at the back, a hole will be cut out for a amp.

front1.jpg

front3.jpg

this shows the shape better

front.jpg

sorry Piccies are a bit small.

new fibreglass install progress

well i started my fibreglass install again since, the last piccies posted, here's some progress pics

Picture031.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture043.jpg

still got work to do as you can see, mostly filling and sanding, before i get it sprayed.

i know the last install he had was done by himself, and if he's done this on aswell then top marks, looks like a quality job

Is the concept not similar to your old install with the 2 subs coming out from either side of the boot, amp in the middle in the floor

Yeah that setup looks pretty good like that :)

and how did you put it in the car ??? Back Seats and slide it in or ???

Just wondering how the hell u managed to get it into the car

beretta93r said:
Looking good! You make that yourself, or get it done profesionally?

--Tommy

proffessional?? na doing it myself, would cost a fortune to get it done proffesionally, and i enjoy doing things like this,( have 2 much spare time and patience)

I wont be spraying it tho, get my bodyshop to do that,

Darren198712 said:
Yeah that setup looks pretty good like that

and how did you put it in the car ??? Back Seats and slide it in or ???

Just wondering how the hell u managed to get it into the car

it goes in easy, just put down the back seats and put it in at a slight angle,

Andrew smith said:
proffessional?? na doing it myself, would cost a fortune to get it done proffesionally, and i enjoy doing things like this,( have 2 much spare time and patience)

I wont be spraying it tho, get my bodyshop to do that,

Wow, your've done a great job them! Wish I could do something like that, but if I tried it'd end up all square, not smooth like yous.

Can't wait to see it at F&M

--Tommy

Man I god to tell you:

Really love the car, the colour.. I did'nt think it was that nice! (got one myself)..

can U PM me a great Pic of the JDm grill, as I am to order now, and scinse you got 1 I thougt I could take a look... to c if it's what I am looking 4..

I like the Ice baby! :P
Was nice, wery nice!

Keep them piccs commin'! :)

What can I say? It was nice!! Wery nice...... too nice!

[QUOTEDarren198712]and where did u get this stuff from (fiber glass the striped stuff)[/QUOTE]

The stripped stuff is just a cotton bed sheet streatched over the frame under it and stapled to keep it tight, this gives the final shape,
this is then saturated in glass fibre resin and left to dry,

(The pro's use a fleece fabric, which i couldnt get)

then you just layer up sheets of fibreglass matting saturated in resin , i have done 4 layers, this all sets rock hard, then skim the lot with car body filler,

The Glass fibre resin was hard to get especially in a large quantity, halfords sell some but its £6 for 500ml tin, fortunately my dad got some from the ship yard he works at for free, :D

Back
Top Bottom