Back from Plymouth with my GTi

Drive back was a nightmare, the car was superb, but the M% was shut for 3 junctions so got diverted miles round glocester, what shud have been a 4 hour journey took 7 hours because of motorway hold ups!!!

No way! At least you got there in the end.

Where did you go in Plymouth in the evening?

No you can hear it al the time really, ddint notice i until today so the long drive back must have done something, wont be anything major, maybe the shocks need greeseing or could be something to do with the altanator. Just put a slight downer on the car cos ill have to take it the garage but its something of nothing really

The car is quality after 3.5 k , bit flat before but really picks up after. SO if I want to improve the power what do I need to get for the exhaust, stainless manifold?

Im fitting the de cat pipe tomorow mate, how much difference does it make?

No way! At least you got there in the end.

Where did you go in Plymouth in the evening?

We had t at a well nice fish and chips place at Barnican, then went to the Sportsman Bar, then onto Weatherspoons, that was really busy.

Good night really, love the farmers cornish accent ha, bit different from our mancish accents

I think its the starter. The solenoid is sticking and causing the squeal on start up and then your maybe hearing it when you come out of gear too?

You can hear it if i put it in first, jus move forward a bit and then take foot off the accelarator and brake and you can hear it. You can also hear it if you push on the front of the car which made me think it might be the shocks or suspension but it does it on start up which has nothing to do with the shocks, suspension.

With the back box being massive, its like a rocket lol, could this affect the power as its so big?

After i fix the qqeeling noise and the front rattle I think Ill invest in a lightweight flywheel and stainless manifold

No you can hear it al the time really, ddint notice i until today so the long drive back must have done something, wont be anything major, maybe the shocks need greeseing or could be something to do with the altanator. Just put a slight downer on the car cos ill have to take it the garage but its something of nothing really

The car is quality after 3.5 k , bit flat before but really picks up after. SO if I want to improve the power what do I need to get for the exhaust, stainless manifold?

Im fitting the de cat pipe tomorow mate, how much difference does it make?

If its the altinator belt, it will squeek only when you pull away. Without hearing it and looking its hard to offer any help.

the easiest and cheapest way to improve power on a car is to free up the breathing i.e Intake and exhaust. Other than forced induction (turbo/compressor) I dont know of any better intake for the almera than a pannel filter (K&N). Other than the manifold the exhaust ahs been replaced for an after market.

the de cat will make a difference but it wont be major, same with any other mod you want to do from here on out. That is why I didn't do anything else, lots of money for little gains.

If I were to do anything I would replace the exaust manifold

We had t at a well nice fish and chips place at Barnican, then went to the Sportsman Bar, then onto Weatherspoons, that was really busy.

Good night really, love the farmers cornish accent ha, bit different from our mancish accents

Good to hear it Wspoons gets busy on a sat.

Hey we ain't no spud pickers:D

If its the altinator belt, it will squeek only when you pull away. Without hearing it and looking its hard to offer any help.

the easiest and cheapest way to improve power on a car is to free up the breathing i.e Intake and exhaust. Other than forced induction (turbo/compressor) I dont know of any better intake for the almera than a pannel filter (K&N). Other than the manifold the exhaust ahs been replaced for an after market.

the de cat will make a difference but it wont be major, same with any other mod you want to do from here on out. That is why I didn't do anything else, lots of money for little gains.

If I were to do anything I would replace the exaust manifold

Good to hear it Wspoons gets busy on a sat.

Hey we ain't no spud pickers:D

It already has a good air filter induction kit tho doesnt it , the one that the mera already has

So basically just the exhaust manifold and fly wheel

hello nice car buddy, i like red GTi's.

with mine i found that a after a service with the right grade oil and new NGK plugs the car pulled cleaner from 2k.
the stnd cat helps with low end torque but hinders above 5k i guess.

i dont mind the the lack of torque below 4k etc (i have a decat) as i just tell myself below this point im getting decent mpg lol

david

decat = illegal
decat = who gonna know?

incorrect.

as a general rule, no more than 2" for a N/A car and approx 2.5" for a turbo car.

go too big and you lose power fast

You dont half talk some crap sometimes. :roll:

A decat isn`t illegal, but your car has to pass the emmissions test.

Its been dyno proven on a ga61DE that a 3.0" exhaust made more power and torque accross the whole rev band.
A standard GTi exhaust is 1.9", so why bother fitting a 2.0" zorst?
60mm/2.5" is optimum for N/A tuning. 3.0" will gain a bit more power, but will be loud.

Alot depends on the qulality and tubing used in the build tho.

It already has a good air filter induction kit tho doesnt it , the one that the mera already has

So basically just the exhaust manifold and fly wheel

Yes, the induction kit is a K&N 75i. I don't know if there are any better ones, but at the time there wasn't alot to choose from.

If I had the money to continue modding I would go for that. On the Accord I have an Exedy clutch and and XTD prolite 10.5lb flywheel set up. Good mods imo.

i had a manifold, 2.25inch catback, set of cams and an induction kit. Really livens the car up loads. Costs a bit though!

Found out today that the sqeeling noise is the exhaust, must be pressing against something or must need the clips tighening, garage will sort it tomorrow

There is also a vibiration to the front passenger side, might be from the exhaust??

And the car is rapid!!! Me and my brother tried to time a 0-60 and we reckon about 5 seconds, still have to fit the de cat on thursday plus when I get the cash a stainless manifold and flywheel will be fitted

Love the car, amazing! just a shame about the sqeel but it sounds something of nothing

It was a one missippi two missipi job,
It wasnt far off 5 tho

Going in garage tomorrow, getting the de cat put on and exhaust sqeeling sorted. There is an occasional vibrating noise front passenger side, mite just be the exhaust rattling something causing the vibration, doing my head in tho so going to get that sorted

Back
Top Bottom