before and after

More Bits, Updated Pix! (see page 4)

Ok Just Got It back from the bodyshop, Had Sideskirts, Rear Splitter, Subaru front splitter sprayed and put on, rear lights colour coded, rear numberplate surround, de-locked doors, both doors re-sprayed, and door handles colour coded, both sills re-welded, debadged at the rear. I know it wont be to everyones taste but i like it, just a shame the car itself has undergone a few resprays and touchups in its lifetime and not all the colours match perfectly, but it does mean that when it goes in for a full respray down the line, i get the paint free! Total Cost of work was £400

Before

AlmeraGtiSide.jpg

AlmeraGtiRear.jpg

AlmeraGtiFront.jpg

After

NewGti.jpg

NewGtiFront.jpg

NewGtiRear.jpg

NewGtiSide.jpg

That looks lovely mate compared to before, i still really like the other rear kit you were thinking of, its the only kit id be tempted to get over the standard one.

Your cars looking good though and thats a long list for only £400! i know when people post these threads they always get bombarded by suggestions but if i could makeone it'd be get a P2 grille i think, just to take away some of the redness off the front and add a bit of black contrast! but nice one mate!

K33 ELV said:
That looks lovely mate compared to before, i still really like the other rear kit you were thinking of, its the only kit id be tempted to get over the standard one.

Your cars looking good though and thats a long list for only £400! i know when people post these threads they always get bombarded by suggestions but if i could makeone it'd be get a P2 grille i think, just to take away some of the redness off the front and add a bit of black contrast! but nice one mate!

too true, ive been pestering for a ph2 grille in the wants section but no luck as of yet, all cars in scrappy around me are either front shunts or they've gone already.

rowdy-GTi said:
That lip should give some downforce!......looking good. Get them curbed wheels sprayed up.

aye they were like that when i bought it, i'd prefer to just buy some others, they aint out special, infact i think they're the cheapest 17" that fox alloys do!

gnuoynomis said:
That is a big front lip! As you said, won't be to everyones taste but as a whole it looks ok.

lol yeah the lip is bigger than i imagined when i got it in the post but it was a bastard getting it on, the price you pay for inpatience of finding a ph1 front splitter. plus i thought doing something a bit different and not too OTT would be a good move! for the pice aswel, i was never going to cry about it.

looks tidy mate, nice and simple mods, all that the mera needs,

get some clear side repeaters, and phase 2 lights, that will freshen the front end up so much, did it to mine and looks sooo much better

Andrew smith said:
looks tidy mate, nice and simple mods, all that the mera needs,

get some clear side repeaters, and phase 2 lights, that will freshen the front end up so much, did it to mine and looks sooo much better

with anyluck the clear side repeaters will arrive later on today! Is it only the ph2 gti with different front lights or did the appear on other models?

I'm tempted to take indicators out again and paint the corner bit red.

the P2's have crystal lenses compared to the P1's, and the p2 GTi's have a black border around them, and look awesome.

Looks great, front splitter looks really mean.

As mentioned a new grill would be good, get a vzr one! Also, the aerial mount sticks out a bit, try to find a ph2 type one perhaps?

Glad to see another part (numberplate surround) of my dearly departed red gti still on the road!

By the way, where abouts did you get the work done, that really is a good price, is that mates rates or what?

henry krinkle said:
Looks great, front splitter looks really mean.

As mentioned a new grill would be good, get a vzr one! Also, the aerial mount sticks out a bit, try to find a ph2 type one perhaps?

Glad to see another part (numberplate surround) of my dearly departed red gti still on the road!

By the way, where abouts did you get the work done, that really is a good price, is that mates rates or what?

haha cheers, thanx for that, really changes the rear!! Any other grille right now would be nice, tempted in time to have the bonnet sprayed black and have a black grille but i could probably source a black bonnet from somewhere just incase it looked shit!

Not mates rates really, but my dads known him ages. And Luckily for me his workshop(garage) is just behind my house. Close up its not 100% perfect, and the fact that parts of the car i.e the old rear bumper, look almost orange in comparisson in different light but i beleive in you get what you pay for, and i didnt pay alot, i was just really fed up with how crap it looked without kit, in time and if i bca i will get a full respray and smooth the aerial etc. but for now she'll do!

Looks much better, good job!! I have mixed feelings about the front splitter, looks really good not too dissimiler to the standard spltter but it may have a little to much overhang on the sides for my liking.

With a better set of wheels and a phase 2 grill it would look quite beast.

any chance this guy might do some work for me? seems very reasonable prices

could you pm me his details?

hows it going mate, the car looks very nice.. at first glimpses of the front splitter i wasnt too keen, but as i kept looking at it, it grew on me, now i like it!! well done!!! what splitter is that off or is it just a custom made one??

Back
Top Bottom