before and after

After seeing this in the flesh at JAE, I think I like it more. It is a big splitter but it does look good. Something different anyway. Will look 10x better when the whole car is the same colour too.

Was nice to meet you mate anyway!

you too dude, sorry if i was a bit pissed but like i say, i get a saturday night off from driving once in a blue moon so i thought i'd take the oppertunity to get erm... fucked! Ended up being sick at 6am but i blame the 4 donuts i thought it'd be good to eat at midnight! Didnt like that radio station one bit but apart from that ur car looks goodo!

Simcard

Simcard said:
you too dude, sorry if i was a bit pissed but like i say, i get a saturday night off from driving once in a blue moon so i thought i'd take the oppertunity to get erm... fucked! Ended up being sick at 6am but i blame the 4 donuts i thought it'd be good to eat at midnight! Didnt like that radio station one bit but apart from that ur car looks goodo!

Simcard

well I don't think many people would be impressed if I was blasting out At The Gates all night.

got bored today......

so i put my new clear side repeaters on (which actually needed some filing to the repeaters themselves to make them fit, how funkin cheapo) and did the rear wiper mod using yellow clip thingy!

NewGti.jpg

gti-clearrepeaters.jpg

NewGtiRear.jpg

WiperMod.jpg

Nice! i need to do these one day, imo a punto rear wiper would finish that off really well!

K33 ELV said:
Nice! i need to do these one day, imo a punto rear wiper would finish that off really well!

aye but all the hassle to get the rear wiper off (used a rubber mallet in the end) so wont be doing it again for a while!

haha, fair enough.

on a unrelated note! did ya paint the door handles yourself? or are they the Primera handles? I've been thinking about getting some but they look a bit fiddly to colour code. They look really nice though.

got them done at the same time i had the doors re-sprayed. i assume he just sanded them and painted them like any other plastic trim.

how did you get it smooth? my cover is all corroded and lookin crap, you no a little crusty if you know what i mean.

well its not "really" smooth, it can feel grainy at times but i put that down to me rushing it. Its been said once but i';; say it again, its all in the prep work. I spent about 4hrs sanding it down with numerous grades of wet and dry. had i given it longer to dry during my coats of spray, i'd have gotten an even better result! All in all it prob cost me £15

LoweredGti1.jpg

LoweredGti2.jpg

LoweredGti3.jpg

LoweredGti4.jpg

LoweredGti5.jpg

well thats her lowered on the ksport coilovers. An absolute bastard to do at times. Plus now my brakes feel shit and my abs light is on so thats something else to figure out! But hey, she looks good real low! I'm waiting for the sun to move so i can get some better before and after pics. Let me know what you think and any ideas on the abs problem. The amount of times ive had the front wheels off recently is stupid, especially when you have to jack it up with an old school jack because your good one wont fit under ;)

Back
Top Bottom