bnicholls92 P2 Flare

Oh cool, I'd love to see pics of it installed :) Never seen it on a Di before. Otherwise yes there is the Intercooler upgrade you can do to improve things, but I doubt you'd need it until you put a bigger turbo on.

Not something I can help with I'm afraid I only know the VNT DCi turbos. But I'm pretty sure you'll need to do something custom to fit a different turbo to the manifold. An adaptor, and custom elbow.

Yeah I can sort out a copy of my final year project for you to look at, I get an MEng at the end of my course. My report was 76 A4 pages long and 17,500 words though!

Yeah the masters year should be good fun, literally only 15-20 people on the Masters degree, so everyone there is there because they want to be. It's a different year structure to previous years also, no exams, I had my last ever uni exam in 3rd year as the modules are fully coursework assessed in 4th year. Bit of a curse and a blessing as you can do really well in an exam with little revision (I got 80% in my Thermofluid mechanics exam in 3rd year) for only a week or two of revision, a 70%Mm exam, whereas 70% Mm of coursework would be masses more work and you do well to get well over 70% with coursework. The problem with exams is if you don't do well in them it affects you module mark a lot due to the weighting of the exam Mm.

I agree with you about getting best quali possible. interesting that M level involves no exams, suppose that explains some of the modules that are in the fourth year. If you pm me your email will show you my course structure

Quick question, does anyone know whether the radiator on the N16 Di can be replaced with a smaller radiator. Looking at the engine bay yesterday I couldnt see any other simple alternative to the space issue in fitting an intercooler

it would be easier to look for smaller intercooler, if that one doesn't fit alright. There was quite few members with intercooled Di's and I don't remember mentioning fitting problems. 136 Dci's radiator seems to be about the same size as Di's, original 136dci IC leaves plenty of space for larger ones, unless you're going with really big one, then try removing bumper support parts (dunno exact name for them) just like in this pic :)

coolerin.jpg

Have you seen my How To Upgrade Intercooler thread? The rad should not be an issue for you dude.

The insurance have just phoned me and told me they are writing the car off. They have offered me £1730 and they deducting £155.70 for salvage. All parts will be up for grabs except for the alloys and rear wiper arm. Will make a new thread for this soon

Back
Top Bottom