bnicholls92 P2 Flare

Take it you have a nice beefy pc at home to handle the FEA then. My final project is spread across two years and my final year has a 15 credit module purely on FEA relating to composite materials. I'm really enjoying the FEA too.

My laptop is pretty decent for running Hyperworks, Altairs software, which is what we use at Cov, but running an optimisation process is unbelievably power demanding. I know ANSYS is popular too with a lot of companies and uni's. Hyperworks can be really awkward to get your head round but it's good once you have!

Lol, sounds like we have exactly the same interests in our courses!

Yeah as far as im aware it carries a HND but with they do offer a fast track type thing to allow a select few candidates to work towards (i believe) a degree but thats explained in more detail upon signing up.

A hnd is still a good qualification to have. A HNC i dont feel is worth much because one of my friends on my course did an apprenticeship and there wasnt much demand when he finished his hnc although that was 2/3 years ago

Oh im not knocking the HND tag, it beats factory work 1000 fold. Im just eager to jump in the deep end and gain the most I can :D

My thoughts exactly. I just want to earn enough to buy my friend Chris an FTO as they're his favourite car! :D

Reactions: edk
That's just a standard turbo. Also, there is no known hybrid for the Di. The turbo is also so small you would'nt get much from a hybrid (it spools really fast anyway) and I wouldn't chance trying to put a larger compressor wheel in there. You're ok anyway as the Di turbo has no problems like the DCi turbo.

Definitely add an intercooler. So did he not add the one I sold to him?! He bought the whole OEM DCi intercooler and pipes from me. Not sure how much you know about the Di but they don't come with any intercooler form standard.

Ohh then yes i think he has added your oem intercooler think i noticed one earlier when was checking something hadnt hit the car but will double check in the morning

Back
Top Bottom