Chris180's New GTi

Sorry was browsing on phone earlier so not as clear and I've had a 17 hour work day ;). Cheers, might have to get me some then! Always like to try new cleaning products.

Sorry if that sounded like a dig lol! Yeah I try to vary my products when it comes to re stocking! I reckon the glaze would work a treat on black though!

Didnt catch what it's called is all :) and where to buy?

As Chris said it's a Glaze. Now there are various different Glazes with a variety of different properties but in general they have great filling attributes. These obviously hide imperfections (which I don't know why Chris needs this :tongue: ) and create a wet/glossy finish. You will need to seal them in with wax or sealant. Takes a little away from the finish but saves it getting washed out.

Poorboys Blackhole get great reviews and would suit your car too:thumb:

Looks great, only things I dont like are the GTi badge stuck where it is and the gear gaiter/knob combo.... cheapens it a bit

black gloss mirrors ph2 just work, makes the GTi look like a lightweight rallye version - lovely lovely car.
how you liking the paint job now?
david

Yeah mate loving it! Need to get the front bumper sorted now though as it's had a hard winter!

As Chris said it's a Glaze. Now there are various different Glazes with a variety of different properties but in general they have great filling attributes. These obviously hide imperfections (which I don't know why Chris needs this :tongue: ) and create a wet/glossy finish.

I bought it for the deep gloss look finish (which it has done VERY well) not realising it can also be used for swirls but I don't need it for that lol :)

Cheers for all the comments guys!!

Been thinking I wana play around with centre console and the plastic trim from the ashtray up the cubbyhole lid, something bit different for a change/for the summer months that's cheap and easy to do. Don't just want to spray it or wrap it with carbonfibre, fancy something bit different/noticable. Stickerbombing could be an option.

It's only a idea, it could work, might not. Any suggestions what could try?

I plan the same Chris. I'm going to get mine flocked.

-mobile phone post-

I'd love to have it flocked, but it's to much cause I'd want the whole dash, console and plastics going from the dash to the seats done!

Take it nobody has any other suggestions?

Also picked up some proper BS7 touch up paint to sort the marks on the front bumper/driver door from when the wind caught it but ideally could do with a new bumper. Got the rocker gasket too :) No excuse now not to have the engine looking as good as the rest of the car now!

I'd love to have it flocked, but it's to much cause I'd want the whole dash, console and plastics going from the dash to the seats done!

Take it nobody has any other suggestions?

Also picked up some proper BS7 touch up paint to sort the marks on the front bumper/driver door from when the wind caught it but ideally could do with a new bumper. Got the rocker gasket too :) No excuse now not to have the engine looking as good as the rest of the car now!

cov is selling a BS7 front bumper

got a spare dash you could get flocked in the unit :p

Cheers, i'll have to get in touch with him!

Aww man don't tell me that lol, your only gonna tempt me more! I love the flocking, but can't justify the cost, other things in life come first lol

Well left work early since going to Glasgow tonight to see trailer park boys and car won't start. Key in, dash lights up and nothing :( luckily didn't happen in shitty Glasgow tonight!

Last few days car felt like it was taken split second longer to start as well

*mobile post*

Try turning the key as far as it will go and violently rock the car from side to side. I have to use this method to start Connor's car all the time.

Starter making any noise?

We have all the dash and associated plastics we could get flocked ;)

Handy too cause I know a flocker

Cheers Corbs

Sam - Don't think so. I was in bit of a rush to get home.

Gonna give RAC a buzz 2moro see what they say and go from there. Or to save time anybody got a starter they can post asap, if turns out to be that then i'll pay ya, if not, i'll return it!? ALC help meeeeeee lol

Cheers. Can u txt me asap and let me know, if rac man says it is starter I'll be ordering it 2moro afternoon as next day delivery! :)

*mobile post*

Back
Top Bottom