Chris180's New GTi

So the BC's nut was loose?! Or does Chris mean the nut's on the turret?

orly? I've had a clunk on my front off side for a while. Couldnt find the problem. Perhaps it could be this!! :)

and let me guess the nut of slightly smaller than the adjuster? With the N16 you cant get to it as easily, unless the adjuster can be lifted out?

if its teh same as the n15 adjusters, i think its a 13mm spanner, its barely nipped up, couple Nm, unscrew and the adjuster knob and shaft pulls straight out, have it undone in 2 seconds

Reactions: edk
Had this when I transferred the bcs from gti to pulsar. Axle stand front end, pole under wheel as pivot, lift and drop. Tighten

Steve

Chris did you get the clunk on bumps/rough road or when steering or both?

Eddie - as tight as wezz's botty!

Ed - now it's been sorted the coilys are the quietest they've ever been, even from the ones I had on slam! Deff recommend every1 doing it! It happened driving over bumps/uneven roads, mostly on straight line, not so much on speedbumps at low speed either. It came and went too! Hope that helps!?

Sitting on driveway for 2weeks cause of the snow and unwashed for about a month before that so finally gota clean it today :)

453c6d80.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

63717_10150326474570085_748280084_16499460_2166095_n.jpg

to:

Picture004.jpg

Not really the most interesting update with my car. Gave it a good clean this afternoon.

Clay'd etc last week and basic prep so today..

Alloys treated to Megs wheel brighter/shampoo and sealed with Artemis wax. Tyres sealed with Chemical Guys Tyre Gel.
BC's cleaned up as much as possible.
Inside hooverd and carpets cleaned after heavy winter and treated with various fabric products (they look alot better in person compared to the pics but think going to dye them again) All plastics treated with Sonus Cockpit detailer.
Washed with Dodo Juice sponge and Chemical Guys Shampoo & Wax. Dried with Miracle Dryer microfibre.
Windows treated with Stoner Invisible Glass/microfibre.
Polished with Sonus SFX3 then Finish Kare Glaze and sealed with Artemis Wax and buffed with Ultimate Ultra Plush microfibres.

Over last month or two, got new headunit, uprated front and rear speakers, bought rear poly bushes which hopefully be fitted soon, raising the rear slightly then going to get laser alligned and sorted + engine bay will be cleaned up when weather gets better and got rocker cover to replace Green Bastard, gonna get some HEL brake lines too I think, and also rockin' an impressive collection of air freshners :lol:
Serviced fairly recently and all the little niggles/vibrations pretty much all sorted too (as much as possible with solid engine mounts lol) soooo all sorted so doesn't give me grief.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom