Chris180's New GTi

Well you don't realise how fucked something is till you get a new one. Thanks to Chris (stigp11gt) who had one spare, got it fitted and what.a.fucking.difference. Old one was shagged to say the least! HUGE thanks to him :)

If it`s the same one that I fitted when I had it, iirc, it was a recon one from Ross, back in the day! :lol2:

yeah looking at it, looks like it was slowly starting to deteriorate and motor was stiff at spinning. it had it. The engine had a slow turn over with it when i first heard it.

The new one fitted was from a Nissan Primera P11, and was in good nick. So should last a wee while. The wire needed modifying for it, but that was easily done. Engine starting spin is a lot faster now.

Any issues with it Chris, let me know.

Interesting...when I needed to change it, I`m pretty sure I was told on here that GT ones don`t fit, because they`re a wider circumferance.

Can`t remember who it was, as it must be at least 3 years ago now, but I think they worked for nissan.

yup, they do fit mate, Pretty much all SR20 based engine starters will fit as they all use similar gear boxes. The Primera P11, and Almera N15 use the same gearbox...only difference is the speed sensor...which can easily be changed over,

the differences in the starter is that the Almera has a small cable that comes from the starter to a little connector. and is smaller than the Primera one. What you need to do is snip this cable and put a ring crimp on the end as its a small 10mm nut on the primera starter.

just for you chris

2009_02260001.jpg

Nothing new to update with & I know my pics/updates are just after I've cleaned car but thought fuck it and i'll upload these two

The collection grows :lol:

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

Lol. Bet that's annoying with the window down. I've only got one autosmart air freshener there and it drives me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom