Chris180's New GTi

surely runnign costs in this are more? even more so when somat breaks..

oh no he didn't! lol

probably the only update on this thread by you that im NOT going to thank!

troll.jpg

?

Muhaha! It was one of the works cars that I valet. Still got the car :P

So with SLAM the alarm kept going off, got new alarm fitted and then about 6months later had issues with car cutting out etc. Then we found a dastek and Ross saw the wiring when it was all removed from the car & reckons it was the dastek causing the problem as the wiring on the alarm kind of rules itself out.
Now NATS/central locking is driving me up the wall, fob keeps loosing signal so has to be re-programmed and also locks the car fine, then it won't open locking me out the car for like 10-15mins, not impressed.

Not alot of alarm/central locking ppl up here I can use so probably gonna use the same guy and just gonna get this fitted.

http://www.evolutionvt.co.uk/viper-211hv-keyless-entry-system/

I thought you found a dastek on SLAM mate? Vipers are pretty good from a few people I know , which reminds me I need to get one sorted. Glad you ain't sold up tho dude I'd call you a jerk but that's reserved for special people ;).

Yeah. My bad with the post #513, got myself mixed up. Edited now!

I could pay £50 more and get the viper alarm fitted too. But not sure, part of me is still worried that it will all happen again as its not 100% sure what caused it all with SLAM, though it all points to the Dastek but the problems didnt happen until after the alarm was fitted. Least if I just get the central locking fitted I know its not going to happen at all.

I think SLAM was a freak occurrance mate especially when the fella who fitted the alarm didn't know it had a piggyback on the ecu (neither did you) or just save up a little more and go for a Clifford ;)

It is a bit random that your nats fobs are losing signal mate , silly question the batteries are ok aren't they?

Lol nah, its either Viper central locking or Viper alarm, not spendng anymore than £150.

Yeah, changed them about and bought new ones and still having issues :(

I'd go for the alarm if the fobs keep losing it bud, ain't one of you lot got spare fob you can code to it?

Back
Top Bottom