Craigs New Datsun Sunny

impulse ebay bidding, hmm.......

seeing as one of my slipstreams was cracked ages ago i was on the look out for another, saw 2 mint ones on ebay and £68 later they were mine! however, they're 15" not 16" lol, thought i'd stick em on the front and see. Came with 1 mint and 1 legal yoko parada spec2, so bargain really and not a single mark on them...obviously they have the polished lip too so will probably get all of them powder coated a different colour in summer

P5290065crop.jpg

also took some pics the other night trying to get some nice ones. If any of the regular camera geeks wanna tell me how to do it properly it'd be most appreciated....

P5230086crop.jpg

P5230082.jpg

P5230081.jpg

P5230088crop.jpg

P5230087.jpg

P5230084crop.jpg

and a couple of teaser pics of a certain someone's new GTi, cos i'm bored of waitin for his thread to appear. so fuck it...

P5230070crop.jpg

P5230075crop.jpg

YES

oooooh girth, a silver one ey, have you two had a little play on private roads yet?how the performance difference?

yeh tis nice, was totally standard the day he got it, we did a fair bit to it the first day though.

haven't played on twisties, in a straight line bout the same in both std form. if anything, i think i may have had a slight edge through 1st, 2nd towards 3rd, above that the 2.0l of the n15 seems to win.

speed limiter doesn't help me either though :lol:

ah yes, yours revs more thats probably why? girth man will change gear slightly before you do. higher speed will probably be due to the brick like aerodynamics of the N14 :lol:

You have'nt posted the photo's of FF's Mum being destroyed on the bonnet Craig, thats my favourite!

Girv happy with it?

They look juicy in the last pic :thumb:

ah yes, yours revs more thats probably why? girth man will change gear slightly before you do. higher speed will probably be due to the brick like aerodynamics of the N14 :lol:

yeh can defo tell i have a few extra revs yeh, sr20 just seems to pull better in 4th upwards

You have'nt posted the photo's of FF's Mum being destroyed on the bonnet Craig, thats my favourite!

Girv happy with it?

They look juicy in the last pic :thumb:

yeh girths v happy, lots of plans! i would post the pic and vid but FD has specially asked not to. got a glimpse of the sis too i think - nae bad from where i could see in the dark

Pics look great Craigy, as does Girth's car.

Wut.

cheers skank

nice work

it needs coilovers

haha, certainly does - i'm sure he'll be in touch after his missus's b'day dude ;)

NO-one got any hints, tips, criticisms to makin my pics a bit nicer? admittedly they look a bit dark so i clearly don't know what i'm doin with light etc.....

cheers

Play with the levels in photoshop - I use brightness/contrast which is the lazy mans way and doesnt get as good results. I usually whack a dark patch at the top of the image too - makes it look moar epic.
I know taking a pic and then playing with it isnt the 'proper' way and maybe I should take better pics to begin with, but it suits me.

yeh i had PS on my last laptop and played around with that stuff but that does feel like cheating and flattering a bad picture/photographer lol

i'd love to just take some awesome pictures, no fucking around. although i might have to scab PS off someone again and learn how to use it properly.

I always feel like i have cool ideas for pictures, ie composition of, lighting, the overall effect i want - but go outside and try and get them and it never really happens. Or something looks awesome to my eye, then i take the pic and the angle or somethin about it just doesn't seem the sameand work as well lol

Challenging lighting. Your camera has metered for the whole frame and drawn a compromise, but looks like it's more towards the sky as it covers a bigger area of the pic.

For situations like this where I didn't have flashes to light the car...I'd take two or three pics on a tripod. One for the sky, and one for the car, then mask and blend in photoshop.

Perfect kind of image for HDR...

Back
Top Bottom