Craigs New Datsun Sunny

Good man craig, i seriously doubt there is anything really wrong with the engine, all these comments about taking it apart again are just stupid, i mean for fuck sake there is only so many times you can be fucked to take an engine apart, fair enough if it's just been thrown together but yours hasnt. Don't loose sleep over the oil consumption, it's not that much and i'm sure once it's been mapped again and the fuelling issues are sorted it'll be fucking great

was going to say craig ... now that you mentioned you had different size wheels on front and rear, i cant stop noticing it :lol:

do you notice any difference? or have you always had that setup .... that shell is way too short too, ah wait its an N14 :devil2:

Steve

run it for a few more weeks and get it maped watch the oil and relax..

you will burn oil with forgies. thats just how it is....

you seem like quite the expert

I am not an expert, I am not a mechanic, I dont put out i am better than everyone else. But i have been around enough people who has built engine and are old school mechanics, none of this plug into a diagnostic pish, I also done my research to build a good engine.

the cylinder wall wasn't rough, 1 of them had a mark/depression about 5mm long which you could only just feel with your fingernail, and i mean only just. with your fingertip it was as smooth asthe rest of the bore. It wasn't rough or raised up in any way and wouldn't be wearing the ring, it looks like it was done on initial startup by a slightly rough ring end.

I've also come to the conclusion that after 500 miles of 80mph odd motorway driving, and twisty,steep mountain roads under heavy load, to only use 150ml of oil and no smoke when driving warm it can't be the rings. I'm guessing it's either valve seals not quite swapped correctly, or a dodgy one, or just the forged pistons, expansion thing ross is confirming.

I'm not fussed about the 12.5:1 or higher, i have my secret weapon for that ;)

as for forged pistons, i'm glad with the det i suffered in run in, i had stronger forged ones to put up with it, i wouldn't like to see the state of cast ones after detting its tits off like it did lol

Ahh so i misread, I thought you meant a fingernails size on the barrell as rough, thats my bad. If you can't feel it with your tip it will say 95% chance it will be alright. Giving the oil amount used then thats well within tolerence, since Nissan say 1000 miles to 1 litre...I think thats good.

I will prob agree with using forged pistons for the detonation...stock pistons would certainly be at there limits...if not destroy the pistons so i agree. If you can get a higher comp without detonation, then good, a good remap will see it alright and a good responsive N/A motor.

Good man craig, i seriously doubt there is anything really wrong with the engine, all these comments about taking it apart again are just stupid, i mean for fuck sake there is only so many times you can be fucked to take an engine apart, fair enough if it's just been thrown together but yours hasnt. Don't loose sleep over the oil consumption, it's not that much and i'm sure once it's been mapped again and the fuelling issues are sorted it'll be fucking great

Okay so i will admit i read something wrong, but if you build an engine, and something major is wrong, but you leave it becuase you can not be bothered, I wonder who will look like the idiot with a properly done engine?? But like you said from what has recently been described i dont see any reason why the next dyno and remap should be delayed.

I certainly think the prev issues before you ripped the head off was the head studs, sounds like these were just being a menace, Engine sounds like its good to go.

I am also gonna put another note out there, I provide information to which i think may help, and get his engine running. Wether Craig chooses to use my info or not, i aint really bothered, But i got the hint of a slagging match going on. Seriously its pointless. I am here to help the guy not tell him what to do.

was going to say craig ... now that you mentioned you had different size wheels on front and rear, i cant stop noticing it :lol:

do you notice any difference? or have you always had that setup .... that shell is way too short too, ah wait its an N14 :devil2:

Steve

nah not really difference, just ended up like it by chance really when i cracked one of my 16s and saw 2 cheap 15s on ebay lol, i like the look though!

i'll ignore the short chassis comment :P :lol:

run it for a few more weeks and get it maped watch the oil and relax..

you will burn oil with forgies. thats just how it is....

thats the plan dude, fingers crossed

Ahh so i misread, I thought you meant a fingernails size on the barrell as rough, thats my bad. If you can't feel it with your tip it will say 95% chance it will be alright. Giving the oil amount used then thats well within tolerence, since Nissan say 1000 miles to 1 litre...I think thats good.

I will prob agree with using forged pistons for the detonation...stock pistons would certainly be at there limits...if not destroy the pistons so i agree. If you can get a higher comp without detonation, then good, a good remap will see it alright and a good responsive N/A motor.

But like you said from what has recently been described i dont see any reason why the next dyno and remap should be delayed.

I am also gonna put another note out there, I provide information to which i think may help, and get his engine running. Wether Craig chooses to use my info or not, i aint really bothered, But i got the hint of a slagging match going on. Seriously its pointless. I am here to help the guy not tell him what to do.

yeh i think the bores fine mate, and like you say with some dealers saying 1l per 1000miles is ok i think i'm fine fingers crossed.

not gonna make the 18th mappin sesh with you unfortunately due to work, and also before i do anything i need some new IM gaskets, and the tps and iacv off joe to try n sort the slighlty high idle, which could also be perpetuating the pinging.

cheers for the input mate

so true craig, print this on a plaque and put on your dash to remind you :lol:

Steve

lol yeh i know mate

the only reason i was worried about much oil consumption really was the effect of the oil lowering my fuel octane level in the combustion chamber and making mappin the det impossible, but so little should be ok

I reckon it will be fine, perhaps the delay is a blessing, give a better chance for it to run in again and hopefully when its all running perfect, you should have no issue on the remap

had a visit off martyn from vss irvine who i bought the car off today, gave me a few bits n pieces :santa: all as swaps for my old auto box and nismo shocks....

nissan rear brace, rare ish i think....

PA110080.jpg

mint ph2 gti wheel to go with the unused mint gearknob i found. just need my gauges to finish interior...

PA110081.jpg

and this little bundle of poly bushes, full car set! :punk:

PA110082.jpg

oh, and my new oil cooler...

PA110083.jpg

martyn also dropped off a couple more things but they need painting before they go on. My arp rod bolts were also part of the swap, cheers martyn!

good choice with the cooler..

you need some proper seats before the interior is finished ;)

Glad everythin is looking up now mate, youve done a mint job and hats of to you to take on such a job and ace it :D

P8210064.jpg

Pure win this photo like!!

^ cheers bwoyz

can someone help me with my bush....

so below is a pic of all the poly bushes i need to fit, i know most of them but a couple im not sure where go, can someone help?! If we look at the 7 sets of bushes numbered 1-7 goin from back left across then front left across....

PA120084.jpg

so... i recognise some

1. ???
2. arb droplinks
3. front arb
4. rear arb
5. wishbone rear mount
6. ?? rear tiebar???
7. wishbone front mount???

cheeerrrrzzz

also, check my new graphics lol, i'm trying soo hard to be jdm tyte boyz, its almost retro this jdm shit, still trying to rep it tho y0:tt2:

PA120083.jpg
PA120081.jpg

Back
Top Bottom