craiGTi's ph2 GTi

Bastards!!! This is one of my favourite GTi's. Some people can't stand to see someone else with something good without wanting to ruin it.

Are windows covered on your insurance? When I broke the rear screen on my micra I rang them up and they found a place nearby to do it, I just had to pay the £60 the next day for it to get done, didnt affect NCB.

Are windows covered on your insurance? When I broke the rear screen on my micra I rang them up and they found a place nearby to do it, I just had to pay the £60 the next day for it to get done, didnt affect NCB.

unfortunately not, being tight this year!

looked on ebay and there's a window on there for £9.99 + £9.95 postage:D It's from nissanautoparts who i've had bits off before and they seem pretty good.

Just workin out how to fit it now, any ideas? anyone done it?

What's the security like on those? Hard to break but could someone cut into one easily enough?

What's the security like on those? Hard to break but could someone cut into one easily enough?

Even if they happened to have a Stanley knife, they'd have a hard time getting through. They'd need cordless drill imagine. If you want ultra protection without the weight saving go for Supaglass by Pentagon, I believe they have a branch in Reading on Cardiff Road. Expect to pay more though.

people who do this sorta thing are oppourtunists they wont be cutting through anything....

that really sucks man, nothing inside the car damaged that the brick hit? saw this happen once before and it damaged the centre cosole bit :(

sorry to hear that bud, ive had it done to me too on mi last car. make sure all the broken bits of glass a removed from the door before fitting the new window too.

can't really afford anything like that, there's a couple on ebay cheap, one of which is brand new :D

presumably they're all the same colour tint for an n15, mine seem to have a slightly grey tint as standard? you know how some can be slightly blue or green etc.

@ sam - no nothing seems damaged, maybe a slight scuff on drivers door card - but replacing that anyway;) just loads of annoying glass fragments everywhere, got several cuts on they way home!:(

Gti's were blessed with a slight tint in all the windows, might wanna check before you buy nethin.

Just workin out how to fit it now, any ideas? anyone done it?

not done it myself, but being nissan they probably raided the parts bin and they will be similar to the micra, which i did. door card off, bottom of the glass will be 2 plastic clips that bolt to the winder mechanism,undo those, glass out. (or whats left of it :() probably have to attatch the clips to the new window, cue toms favourite tool BONDO then simply reverse the sequence and keep the window shut til the bondo goes off...

anyone feel free to tell me bollocks if this is wrong.

ta.

and sorry to hear about it dude, must be awful to see that first thing in the morning...

cheers mate, yeah was shite seeing that in morning, but at least nothing major damaged.

what's bondo? tigerseal/silicone type stuff?

to remove and replace the window, take the door card off and on the runner theres a motorised slider, unbolt the remaining glass, clean out the door and slide the window down into the door and bolt it back into the mechenism..

well i got the new window in - thanks stu - but it seems quite slow when going up now?! what have i done wrong, any ideas?

also i think someone may have had a go at drivers side door lock, i struggle to get the key in now. if you look inside the lock, there's like a little metal flap that the key slides past, it looks a bit bent.
what options are there i can't fix it? (i'll try tomoz)

finally, what are opinions on a single wiper? i like them but only thing is they park quite high, presumably if you park them lower, they don't wipe very far on the driver's side? not good.
be honest - how chavvy are they?

finally, what are opinions on a single wiper? i like them but only thing is they park quite high, presumably if you park them lower, they don't wipe very far on the driver's side? not good.
be honest - how chavvy are they?

DSC04427.jpg

Thats mine. Wouldnt say its chavvy but thats me

Very nice I love this Gti, not too Ott, very subtle. Wheels really suit it. I'd love a white Gti did think about buying a 3 door Si in white and Gti ing it!

Love your car man! Great choice of alloys and you cant ever go wrong with the colour of the car. Someday I will own one!

cheers for comments lads.

@ alan - cheers for the pic mate. yeah i don't think they're chavvy either, i'm tempted but wish they parked a bit lower, hhmmmm... single wiper £65 ... o-dog vzr skirts £110... :rolleyes:

anyone any ideas on slow window?

Back
Top Bottom