Curtis' GTI

I'm not sure the car would even tick over if it was very wrong with s3r's so i think you've done it right Curtis, just need a bit of a tweak like you say. I was loosing power with my s3r's in and advanced on the inlet by 2.5 degrees before my remap.

to set TDC put a long rod or screwdriver down the spark plug hole and remove the distrbutor cap. turn the engine until the rotor arm is at/near number 1 and the rod/screwdriver is at its highest point. also the cam lobes nearest the chain do point outwards as i found this out when i built my engine

Yeah i did it right the engine was at TDC when i put them in, the pics are not at TDC! lol

Well all today ive been driving about trying to work out what my hunting/bad idle is from, as it was doing it before the cams...

Well it was where i had removed the resonator, and blocked it with something, it had fallen off, therefore redid the bung and now its all gravy :)

That is no. 1 cylinder a TDC. You can tell by way that no. 1 cylinder cam lobes are pointing away from each other.

Stop with the TDC lol, we know that my photos are not at TDC yet the other ones posted are...

@TDC the lobes on No.1 with face horizontally away from each other

I had the bung fallout my gti intake before, car wouldnt even idle without throttle, took me a while to find the cause, had a hunting idle when I never tightened up the intake pipe to the TB too

Car feels alot quicker after the ECU reset and timing being bumped up, clutch it slipping bad though...

Had a problem at the London Tunnel run, pretty sure a CV joint/driveshaft problem is what caused it...

So as im going to be pulling a shaft out, i might as well get the clutch changed at the same time too

So Just bought a XTD stage 3 clutch off Ebay - Cheers for the recommendation Joe.

Pending weather and driveshaft being delievered should all be sorted soon :)

Oh and had some Brand new Firestones fitted before the Tunnel run, and i must say im impressed with them!

Firestone SZ90's, got them at the same price as the toyo's would have been so for 4 fully fitted etc was £246

Yeah just a shame i can't use the power atm lol

Driveshaft is on its way from Craig so just waiting on that...
Clutch should be here too by the weekend :)

Oooook!!

It was the driveshaft!

Got home from work and had a look...

What it should look like...

16032010058.jpg

And how it looks now

16032010054.jpg

16032010055.jpg

Video: http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae11/g972ckv/?action=view&current=16032010009.flv

Its going lower too :) haha

Going to polybush everything and get it undersealed and a blow over

Then should be time for a engine rebuild and turbo :)

I know alot of the people on pga had to run modified shafts (shorter) if they were wanting to run their cars low as they were suffering from driveshaft issues....

I know alot of the people on pga had to run modified shafts (shorter) if they were wanting to run their cars low as they were suffering from driveshaft issues....

When i replaced the boot we did have trouble replacing and sealing the boot as its not complete round type, so the greese was able to leak, possible cause, but yes being low does effect it

I'll get a picture of the angle that its at once i get the new one in...should be interesting how much of an angle!

Back
Top Bottom