DanNewcastle N16

When would u recommend a chain change , also is it a fix on fail part or is there any signs / noises etc? Mine seems fine 1.8 02 reg 90k miles, Also What happens is timing chain fails before you fit it? ... Thanks

You'd have to inspect the chain tensioner to see if there's any adjustment left, if not it's time for a change. But the chains themselves are supposed to last approx 120-150k mls according to my local Nissan dealer. If the timing chain snapped it's goodbye engine (valves, pistons, etc). If it slipped a tooth, then it would run rougher & might be difficult to start.

Thanks for the reply , sorry but I'm a novice when it comes to engines, chain tensioner? How would I check the adjustment on that, would I need to remove the rocker cover etc? Thanks again

Nice car..I like the plans to put ph2 rear lights on and leaving the ph1 headlights on.I had ph2 rears on my old sport and they looked good,straight swap-use a hot air gun to soften the adhesive and make sure you seal the new ones well.

Dan I've got a little bee sting antenna in the house somewhere ! You can have it if ya want ! It's alloy tho !

Back
Top Bottom