Darrens N16

I take it that the subframe will act as a heat sink too? Otherwise it might overheat tucked away down there?
nah the amp has the casing on there still.

it will not over heat down there im 100% sure. my mate had 2 of these in a enclosed space next to each other and he went to audio competitions in it and he never blown them.

you will do well if you blow one of these amps.

Doubt itll over heat there, even "big power" car amps are babies, most dnt even have fans in them. Sori but gota say power ratings for car audio are bull. Reason car amps dnt have fans is cus they give out a fraction of th stated power. Put it this way, at my new years party i was using about 60w rms and it was loud and thts in a hall, driving 12 inch speakers. Good idea putting the amp there though

They arent shite, thats just too harsh.

Coilovers are just to aid those that cant drive so well.:lol: (Joke)

Coilovers are for the track, you'd be hard pushed to feel the benefits on the road.

the Si was fine on lowered springs, i made that have it. gti is a bit sketchier due to the fact i think the brands of shocks and springs dont work well together. hard apex springs + hard kyb excelG = fail.

It's interesting that some people see something as shit just because there is something better. I agree with Dale.

The N15 is inadequate in the suspension dept. Limited rear damper travel being the most obvious. ....push it hard and you can feel the rear bottoming out, giving huge understeer. You get about 1.5-2" travel as standard, with lowering springs you get even less or none atall, making the problem worse. Your dont have this problem with coilovers.....but they are harsh.

In an attempt to not hijack darrens thread any further...I've started a thread for suspension debate in the junkyard :D

got both amps under the seat now I am going to start my wiring on wednesday at my mates garage and do a all nighter there. hopefully should get most if not all the audio wiring done. I still got a load of visual wiring to do as well.
AmpUnderSeatFrame2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom