Few scenic pics after a wash

nice car mate i wanted a black one but i fell in love with the red one i'm picking up today, am just curious, yours is a Phase 2 i persume as it has a bee sting arial my GTi is an R reg but has the telescopic one i would persume yours to be a very late R reg almost an S??

Yeah its one of the first few of the phase 2's thaty were made, was used as a demo car in shields Nissan garage

100mm!

I'll let the pics speak for themselves, but a massive thankyou to paynee for his help in fitting them, much appreciated, thankyou!

Unfortunately the lilt can just wouldnt go under. I currently have 85mm of clearance!

DSCF0069.jpg

791c0e70.jpg

DSCF0109.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

f9989ced.jpg

DSCF0111.jpg

As u can see i am one very happy bunny! Also sorted out the rear wiper so its now vertical, big thanks to rick for his walkthrough as he made it extremely easy!

That looks Nice with the Drop :) well done

85mm clearance thats low lol need to watch our for speed bumps

Edit: you have 18s on that don't you ?

Hi mate, do you have the walk throught to get the wiper vertical.

That car looks nice by the way.

Think mine is lowered bout 40mm, nd that feels low, yours must be nearly scraping the road.

Yeah its extremely low. Had a couple of scrapes, but nowt major. And yes they are 18's mate...

There is a walk thru in the 'how to' section, but u may need to become official member to view it.

Looking good, cant wait to get some, but the walkthrough shows how to get the wiper arm horizontal, surely??

sits loverly mate. Now not only do have to watch curbbing your alloys, you have to be careful not to scrape the side of your splitter

:eek: that look amazing, dont fancy meetin any speed bumps with that my car scrapes sometimes and it isnt even low lol.

Looks nice m8...watch those speed bumps.

One question, with it dropped 100mm (lower spring seat lowered) how much travel is there before it bottoms out ??

Not sure wot u mean by bottoming out mate, u talking about the underside of the car gettign stuck on say a speed bump when it has people and stuff in? Its only been on since sat morning, so havent got to that yet, lol

What I mean Neil, is due to the way the B&Gs lower the car.....by lowering the spring seat....then the dampers are already compressed part of their total travel before you hit a bump.

So any idea of how much travel there is left availiable ??

Quick pic to illustrate what I mean....

coiloverdrop.jpg

Hopefully plenty :) But yea, you could get grounded on the bloody speed bumps round here if you are that low :mad:

Ah right i get ya mate, to be honest i dont know off the top of my head, it feels quite bouncy, but at the moment i am getting a knocking noise from the rear, which seems to be a possibility of the rear axle hitting the floorplan :eek:

after i sold mine to consett he got a knocking noise, turned out in the end that the damper had cracked the welds on the top mount, welded them up and the noise stopped
fully wound down, the b&gs have about 10mm movement max lol

Back
Top Bottom