Here are some updated pics from JAE

Rear window has now been tinted....

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

how far down have u got ur coilovers on the frnt m8? and question how wide are your wheels. the they close to touching the lip on ur rear arch.

Just wrote a reply and it errored on me, lol

They are down full 100mm all round mate. And the alloys are 18x7.5 i believe

They do scrub on the rears on full load (as found at jae lol) but its the alloy the catches the arch itself i believe.

When the front are on full lock, ur lucky if i can get a sheet of paper between the alloy and the arch. I cant get my hand under any of the arches.

no mate, just on the rear bumper bracket, which is a pain cos it cant be removed, lol

Here is a pic from the convoy down to jae with a full boot and 2 people in the back, as I said there were no major issues, apart from a bit of the sidewall tyre that had been nicked off hitting the arch when going round and making a right racket, lol

DSCF0022.jpg

im just askin cos wen my car got the back arch re-paired after the crash he hasnt flaired the arch out as much as the orignal so it is possibly like 5mm closer to the tyre wall than the other side was wondering if this is gunna cause a issue wen i put 18's on

AFAIK almeras have the same problem as micras do, when they are lowered, the whole wheel alignment shifts over to the left.

Well thats wot i think anyways

to the left wot do u mean by left u mean / \ u mean wheels sit like that i no they do at the frnt. but at back i was wondering wot the gap is like between arch lip and tyre wall on 18's cud be a exspensive job to get 18's on mite have to get the arch re-worked for the sake of 5 mm or summit stupid. maybe just grind the arch lip away if its gunna catch onthat like lol

No mate, I mean the whole rear axle shifts over to the left. I have less clearance on the left raer than i do the right rear. Its just a problem with micras when they are lowered so i thought it may be the same with almeras.

Gap between the arch and sidewall is probs about 5mm or so, i can get my finger between them anyways.

As I said, we need to meet up so u can see for urself...

Grinding or rolling the lip will be ur best bet, and probs cheaper.

NeilSR said:
AFAIK almeras have the same problem as micras do, when they are lowered, the whole wheel alignment shifts over to the left.
Mine does the same thing and I have 7"/18" We need to uprate the anti-roll bars stiffen the under carriage and tell our passengers to lose some weight (or at least shove them to the right - hand - side of the car.

looks ace mate, makes me miss my black SRi :( will take some photos of it at the next JNE! lol

carbon bonnet, smooth boot, smooth locks and maybe another few little surprises like a gtir conversion in the future. It'll be that or the skyline, lol

Back
Top Bottom