Few scenic pics after a wash

markbuts3 said:

Ive always maintained that for handling, coilovers wound down are poo, poo'er than standard, unless of course the road is totally smooth, which never happens, and that still doesnt sort the wheels out of camber issue(although the rears are fine camber wise, the fronts dont have enough adjustment to get them right, even so, Neil get your tracking lazer aligned, and set the camber bolts so the damper is pulled as far away from the body as possible, it helps but needs another 4 mm or so to get it right)
they do look good though :cool:

neil, your pm box is full, so cant reply to your question, but i'll paste it here since Ive already wrote it

they were fine while they were on mine, or they may not have been but the sound was masked by the install and sound deadening, which ever way round the mounts looked fine off the car(the pressure is off them then though)
consett put up with his for a while, playing with the exhaust and that, then one day the top mount came apart and the damper was sticking inside the car(he hadnt got round to refitting the metal strengthening plates and could see)
he took them off the car and could see the origninal spot welds, and they had cracked, so he rewelded them at work and now they're fine
thats all i know, never saw them or even any pictures, just what he told me last time I saw him up the arnie

NaylorGTI said:
Ive always maintained that for handling, coilovers wound down are poo, poo'er than standard

Depends on the type, if the car is lowered by shortening the damper while keeping all the travel then it's :cool:
You still don't want to slam it though if you want it to handle...

Cheers steve, will see wot i can get sorted this weekend as I dont want to end up having any problems with it.

It'll be raised so it sits at 60/70 for normal driving, then back down for shows.

Here's a pic from the meet last night so u can see how it sits next to other meras.

Attachments

• DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 97
Lookin well low. Gynx`s mera is lookin pretty cool aswell. Who`s had a little smash in the blue GTI?

Cars looking really good mate.

Reminds me of how mine used to sit on them wheels.

i want some coilovers so so bad id love my black gti to be that low!

Back
Top Bottom