Fiona's New N15...

i've got to disagree..

an exhaust made FUCK loads of difference on the turbo

hmm

fuck loads how measured? butt dyno with all the extra noise makin it seem faster?

obviously a 2.25 crush bent system to a 3"mandrel will make a good difference, but not take the car from standard gti kind of speed to like low 14second quarter mile speed where this should be imo.

a 2.5 exhaust will be fine for good power if you are concerned about noise, scorpian systems are terrible, they were designed how long ago? when people though anything bigger than 2" was bad

hmmm compressions ok then

thing is it made 180 at surrey, which isn't bad at all.

And it's very hard to tell on the road who gets their foot down first etc, and a few car lengths might not look much but would show up as a good difference maybe on a 1/4. Plus it will only be the hgih revs where you pull away cos thats where 16ves make their power.

I wouldn't be disheartened i'd be gettin on the strip to see the kinda times it pulls.

Joe always reckoned there wasn't much between his gti and wezz's almera, i reckon that 14second for wezz came from the bit extra power of the ve without the raised rev limit, but a lot from the stripped out interior and a snake of a driver.

Even mine which obv made a fair bit more on surrey what with the exhaust, compression and n1s, would probably only be GTi kinda speed if i stuck to 6k revs before my cams switch, it's revving the clit off it from 6-9k where the motherlobes go ballistic that should make the difference.

So in short, there might not be much to worry about.

were a lot of people not complaining that the BCs top nut came loose and caused a clunking noise like that? think Chris180 had that problem recently

It'll always come back though. The metal is infected. Your only option is to cut it out and weld in a new arch if you want it gone.

I just redo mine every year or so myself, but mine isn't in as good condition as yours.

So fuckin annoyed today, Car went back into the body shop on Monday as the rust came back through on the arch, he said car would be ready for wednesday, went up yesterday and said today, and surprise surprise still not done, The painting has been done but the fuel flap still no been attatched, So we are picking the car up in a wee while and going to finish the job myself. I have been more than fuckin patient with the guy sending business his way, He wanted to buy our micra, He was asked on friday if he wanted it and was told to speak to him monday, but we needed a quick sale, so it was sold about 10 minutes after it was advertised. So i think he was being a cunny funt. Feels like he has took the piss, but a stern fuck you is on his way, The car has been back to the body shop 5 times since its respray due to arches bubbling, I have been more than fuckin patient with him. So fuck him!

Excuse the language, I am pretty pissed off as you can see. He can bite my shite if he thinks the new N16 will be going in there.

funnily enough... i have words to be having with him too...

Told you so.

Anyhows, where are you getting the powerflow done?

Having seen powerflows of all shapes and sizes on all sorts of cars I will NEVER have one. It mostly appears to be crush bent wank made with mostly mild steel.

Do yourself a favour and spend the money on a decent exhaust...

p.s. Chris's car is quick. It revs VERY fast because of that Fidanza fly. I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it.

Told you so.

Anyhows, where are you getting the powerflow done?

Having seen powerflows of all shapes and sizes on all sorts of cars I will NEVER have one. It mostly appears to be crush bent wank made with mostly mild steel.

Do yourself a favour and spend the money on a decent exhaust.

dont start.

also

custom phil = powerflow.

Sorry to hear about your problems mate!

Did you manage to get the noise fixed? From what you said sounds like what I've had. 2min fix :)

Back
Top Bottom