FOSSIL FUELS - BP0 TURBO

True... I believe it is set to 3.5bar

But I'm going to wack a new gauge on it to be sure.

Also on tick-over what should the ait to fuel ratio metre be reading??

Hard to say, before my remap my idle afr was 14 but it stunk of petrol, when Greg mapped it, on idle it's now 17. Said its hard to judge unless the engine is loaded plus lots of overlap doesn't help with getting a reading

at idle my ve starts at about stoich when cold, and like paul says you can smell the petrol, but once up to running temp it's closer to 16.5:1 (this is with the stock nissan map/ecu) at idle and goes all the way down to about 12.5:1 at high revs witht he pedal in the carpet

No problem...

Just thought I would ask around and find out if other people have had any troubles...
It doesn't bother me too much :)
Just have to keep it topped up

On idle mine is around 16.1
Foot to floor 10.1
Cruising 14.6 -15.

What boost is it running rob? Mine is ok on the standard pump at 10psi with the fuel pressure set at around 3.6 bar with 370cc injectors. It starts to lean out about 6k but only slightly, nothing dangerous. Would probably be fine with less boost. Could be because it's old or it could be because it can't keep up. Don't forget mine is a GA pump too, not sure if they are different to GTi.

Don't forget 10.1 is the lowest the gauge will read. That's rich so should be able to handle quite a bit more boost. From what I've been told and read, 11-11.5 is optimum but still safe on full throttle.

It's running a really safe set up...

And it will stay this way until at least next year and I may change intercooler and up fueling put it up to the 280bhp mark...

But I'm quite happy the way it is now.

Try water injection instead of bigger IC. You keep the fast response then but still cool the bigger boost pressures. Id certainly like to see that anyway. Ill be doing it 2013.

AEM or Devils Own make decent but good value kits :-)

-phone-

I have been looking in to water/meth injection...
It defiantly could be the way forward...

I don't know how much boost the little intercooler can take... Don't know if it's flow rate is maxed out...
But when doing late night blasts it feels so much quicker in the high rpm's just down to the denser air and cooler temperatures.

Let's see what father Christmas brings this year ;)

Hi there just wanted to say what a nice looking car you have there. Changing the subject a bit where did you get that front grill from ?
And secondly I keep hearing about turbo conversions are they worth doing or are they a lot of work ?

Its a import pulsar 2 slat grill
often come up for sale on the forum... Just keep an eye out...
intact I believe there is one for sale in the for sale part of the forum... Check it out

in regards to the conversion.
I did not do it myself. Simcard completed the build.

it would cost around £1500+ to do a good safe build.

it all depends on your budget... But it well worth it.

Fair play Rob this blitzed the shit outta me at the 'tubbs! (which isn't hard lol) but after being in Spykes the other day boooooost is sooo good man ;)

Back
Top Bottom