Fred's GTi

She's a beauty, puts the N16 to shame in that pic... :( feeling less and less confident about the lifespan of mine... Thinking a turbo might make me feel better... :p

Longey said:
She's a beauty, puts the N16 to shame in that pic... :( feeling less and less confident about the lifespan of mine...

Thanks for the comments guys, :)

Here`s the odd thing though, I`ve been going to work in the N16 again this week (used the GTi last week), & I`m more confident going down the country lanes that I go down every day, @ 70-ish ;) in the N16 than I am in the GTi !! :confused: :confused:

This is very odd, as the N16 feels much heavier, & rolls more in the bends than the GTi.

Thinking about it, it`s probably because a few years ago, I had the works Nova van spin out on me @ about 45mph on the same road when it was completely empty, so am probably subconsiously wary of lighter cars, although, I had my 03 plate Corsa going down there @ 60-70 with no probs.

O.K, I admit it, I`m just weird! :p

the more you drive it the more you'll get used to it. the gti is a pretty predictable car i think. you just got to learn the boundaries to know how far to push it. I LOVE MY GTI. IM KEEPING IT FOREVER.

Confidence?

Sure its not just a confidence thing, you've been driving the 16 alot more than the 15 so it would make sense that way though I couldn't comment on the van or corsa.

I can hit the country roads a little bit faster than you've mentioned there though I have the advantage of living in Germany and regularly travelling well in excess of 100mph... I'd put it down to confidence and keep working at it. The work done on the N15 you got there is much more prepared for those cheeky country road bends than the sluggish 16 so I say keep working at it...

best thing to do is go to a track day when you get the brakes fixed and test the limits of the car in a controlled environment, it will give you the confidence and its great fun

New grille, what do you think?

Went to get the alloys (finally) :rolleyes: from Alex1 yesterday & came away with a parcel shelf & a few other things as well!

Was putting the GTi away, when I finally got round to taking a pic of the 2 cars side by side! (I`ve been meaning to do this ever since I got the GTi) :O

OK. it`s not the best pic, but it`s finally up!

P.S: That`s NYMOs original grille! :cool: thanks Corbs! :D

It`s only fitted temporarily, just to see what it looks like, because I`m going to try summat with it over the winter. ;)

So, what`re your opinions, does it make the front look better? :confused:

I think it does, because of the P2 headlights, but, as always, I`m open to suggestions.

Attachments

• Freds Almeras..jpg
    Freds Almeras..jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 217
black grill looks pretty good i'd say, maybe would look a wee b it better if the cold air feed was black too, just to add a bit more to the front end :)

nice car(s) though :)

The air feed will be moved & a fog light will be sourced & fitted, & the GTi alloys will have new tyres, & be fitted over the winter period.

The original blue grille is now back on, & will be @ Nissan next weekend for you all to look over, :cool: but it`s still as Kelv had it when he sold it, apart from the alloys, so there`s not much to see! ;)

Almera Guy said:
P.S: That`s NYMOs original grille! :cool: thanks Corbs! :D
Haha thats the 4th almera and 3rd GTi that grille has been on... what a slag! Good to see it's got a new home. I like it with the black grille but then again I'm biased :)

Fitted P2s!

I finally decided to fit the P2s that have been sitting about for a bit. :D

Here are some pics.

GTipics009.jpg

I rather like this combination!
GTipics014.jpg

Drivers side left to do
GTipics017.jpg

Didn`t get a pic of the completed back end, because the battery died when I was checking all the lights worked, :wall: so went home to get the jump leads, but couldn`t find them, :mad: (got 2 sets, can`t find either of them :rolleyes: ) so when I got back from buying a new set, it was dark & I`d forgotten I hadn`t taken it `till I was uploading :rolleyes: but I think we all know what it looks like anyway! ;) :p

Looking good! Are you going to be leaving them as is or doing the surrounds blue? I think it would look really good if you left the rubber lip around them black and did the rest of the surrounds colour coded :)

Not too sure actually, was either gonna paint them black or leave them as they are.

I`ve seen the pics of the blue one with the blue surrounds (think it was the one that got rear ended by the Espace), but looks too much personally.

I think black would blend in more with the plate & window surrounds.

looks nice, black would look nicer than blue i think, possibly a matt black? inside of the number plate surround is matt black isnt it? would all fit in well then

That`s what I was thinking Jimmy, but matt may not look right (cheap & nasty if done wrong) yes, the plate surround is matt black, but the shiny AOC plate somewhat overwhelms it! :O :)

I like the P1's better, sod you all :p

She is getting back to how god intended her now though! i.e no bucket seats, or bastardised rear lights! still miss her :(

K33 ELV said:
I like the P1's better, sod you all :p

She is getting back to how god intended her now though! i.e no bucket seats, or bastardised rear lights! still miss her :(

lol. i prefer the phase 1s because thats all i have!!

Back
Top Bottom