Fred's GTi

little update.

Ok, Today, I fitted a new set of fogs & relocated the feed pipe behind the bumper brake duct, & I think it tidies up the front alot.

Before

INSANEgrille.jpg

After

GTipics034-1.jpg

you bought 2 grills? keep the 2 slat one, best almera grill available imo (maybe im slightly biased though :lol: )

I`m not too sure about the 2 slatter, because (no offence to anyone) it`s the more common non-standard grille, prefer the vz_r one for it`s exclusivity, if you understand my thinking.

Keeping both though! :lol:

This now brings my N15 grille total to 5 :eek: (4 black, 1 blue).

i like the 2 slate one when it comes to style but i know what u mean almera guy , the car is lookin well good tho i did the same with my induction feed pipe it makes a ton of diffrence .

sri_alan said:
the vzr one isnt that exclusive on here
Maybe not, but it is round my neck of the woods (although saying that, the only other N15 with a non-standard grille I`ve seen `round here is a rather nice black SRi that lives down the road).

pulsar GTi is non-existant? that would satisfy the conditions of being exclusive though i suppose.

K33 ELV said:
pulsar GTi is non-existant? that would satisfy the conditions of being exclusive though i suppose.
? arent the open mouthed ones with the GTi badge in the centre the JDM pulsar GTi grilles?

afaik GTi was a term only used in europe?

i could be wrong mind, it's been known to happen before.

Hmm, I was under the impression that the GTi was sold in Japan as a SR18, but I have seen one imported that had a 2 slat grille, but then, why would the import grilles have GTI in them? Maybe it was optional.

a Pulsar Gti is the same shape as an almera gti but has an sr18de engine instead of an sr20de. The grille is usually diferent, the boot lid (pulsar writing) and the nissan badge is located on the bonnet. Probably more diferences but i not sure on the rest. These always pop up on ebay for some reason :s

msot the ones i seen have been blue

the jdm gti is also 140bhp. the grille you're thinking of is the jdm optional one. its open with black mesh, black along the top and a small nissan logo in the middle. i bought one from andrew (shiny_blue) the other month.

sri_alan said:
the jdm gti is also 140bhp. the grille you're thinking of is the jdm optional one. its open with black mesh, black along the top and a small nissan logo in the middle. i bought one from andrew (shiny_blue) the other month.
Thats the one! I had just assumed that it was a pulsar GTi one because it came with a GTi badge in the middle - not the same as on the back but in non-italics and fixed in by a plastic 'pole' type thing.

Another delivery!

This arrived from the U S of A today (was sent out on the 15th)! :woohoo: :D :thumbs:

100_0209.jpg

100_0205.jpg

100_0208.jpg

100_0207.jpg

100_0206.jpg

Hopefully, the weekend weather`s gonna be good, so I can fit it! :)

Stupid question time, :O :roll: Does it need a hanger welding onto it, or not? :confused: :O

Back
Top Bottom