GA High Comp Build

Moarrr

Picture034.jpg

plus 4 brand new Nissan cv boot kits.

Taking engine to Chesman motorsport on friday to get the bottom end lightened and balanced, should have it back by the time the silver almera is ready to come home

On Monday I took a trip to John Middleton who flow tested a standard head and the head that Dale ported for me. Pleased to say dale increased the intake flow by 6.5% and improved the exhaust by 10%! Bringing the exhaust to intake ratio to 73.3%, up from around 66% match on the standard head. Very pleased.

I am going to draw some graphs up to show the gains.

Cheers dale

Tonight I dropped the engine off at Chesman Motorsport. Honed, skimmed block, knife edge lighten and balance crank, pistons, rods. Should have it all back on 2 weeks leaving me 3 weeks to build and install eek.

Mini cost spiral with the knife edging but it's gone this far it was a case of fuck ittt.

I paid £180 for crank knife edged, Rods lightened and balanced end to end, and the whole rotating assembly (crank, rods, pistons, crank pulley, trigger wheel, flywheel and clutch cover) to be balanced.
Joe

where at? just want the crank doing but im considering throwing a 4cw in as im not reving her past 8K anyway but it seems a waste of a good 8cw thats in! but its just so lazy compaired to the 4CW engines iv driven..

Defo throw in a 4cw... the weight difference is phenomenal.
I guess bumping the comp a little will help the response too, high comp boost y0!

im going 8.5/9-1 and looking at some cams the T28 is on song early anyway it just runs out of puff at the top end id love a new GTX3071R but thats a pipe dream.. ill weigh it up once the engines out..

if you have some tips on disassembling an alternator fire them over. I managed to remove a pulley once but witha touch of damage.

Parts have returned from balancing

Only the clutch pressure plate didn't need balancing, the flywheel was quite far out of balance.

Luckily I have the bearing grade numbers wrote down as they no longer exist due to the knife edging.

Now to paint the block…

Yeah I asked him about that because I'd expect it to be balanced after coming off a lathe. He said its to do with the density of the material. Slightly different all over the material.

has he marked everything so it all goes abck exactly as it was balanced or were all the parts balanced on there own? did you say how much it was to have the crank balanced and knifedged?

Cost 520 but he did it in less than a week for me so payed extra. Block decked, honed. Balance of crank, fly, plate, pulley, rods, pistons and basically cross hatched the journals so oil covers the entire width not just in the pre worn grooves. I think he said the knife edging comes in at 180.

They do quite a bit of balancing for F1 so I trust their work even if it is cheaper elsewhere.

Also yes they have marked the orientation of parts for assembly

Back
Top Bottom