Hallys Trop Green GTi

yh the front panel on the n16 needs replacing no chance of saving them once its started.
on my trop green gti the metal behind the headlights was paper thin and just fell apart in my hand

I burnt my face with probably both the sun and the welder, this moring i pealed off pretty much an entire layer of skin over my face. Women should try it, my face feels good man.

Finished pics as promised.

9HskP.jpg

vzSBn.jpg

3CsPl.jpg

aGc7K.jpg

What thickness plate did you use bud?
And is it tacked down at one edge then hammered to shape or shaped off the car?
(my sorry piece of shit may need this soon) :(
Ta
Joe

Not sure on thickness, maybe like 2mm, and yes it was measured, cut, tacked and hammered.

I feel a bit dumb corbs. What do you mean by 3 layers? All i did, like i have done with every other car i've welded is cut out the old rot and weld in a new plate to fresh non rotten metal.

I feel a bit dumb corbs. What do you mean by 3 layers? All i did, like i have done with every other car i've welded is cut out the old rot and weld in a new plate to fresh non rotten metal.

Well, the 'cave' is caused by a spot where 3 layers of metal are pressed together forming a water/moisture/mud trap. If you look at Dave's second pic, there's an inner and outer skin, and a third in the middle that comes from the inside. So when you see it on the inside of the car it's already gone through 3 layers.

Back
Top Bottom