Hannye: Nissan Almera 1.6l SLX

My Nissan N15 - New mods, parts, & Pictures!!

Hi everyone :) now its time to post a tread about my n15.

My car is a stock 1998" N15 (1.6l SLX), that has only got 32.000Km on the dials, and is in really good shape!. Now i'm starting to modify it, to please my oppinion about the car.. its a cracking good car! :)

I've installed a new sound system, with a 12" Kicker Subwoofer (VES125), an JBL X6473, 2x 350w BOSS Speakers in the back of the car, and a BOSS Headunit. Sounds great, and bumps good :)

My plans now further is:

* Exaust (2.25")
* K&N Filter (With a 3" tube)
* Rims (17")
* A nice bodykit (If anyone can PM me with some prices from the UK, it would be great!.. Aint many in Norway)
* The plastic interiour is getting painted this weekend, in the cars colour.
* New seats, and some interiour styling.

As i said, in Norway, it aint much to brag about with parts to the N15. So if there is a friendly soul in this forum, that can PM me with some links and prices, let me know! :)

Well thats about it for now. An update will come when i get some new parts :)

Cheers! - Hans

IMG_1301.jpg

Resize121.jpg

Resize123.jpg

Resize124.jpg

hi mate, nice clean car you have there. If you become a member of this forum you will find many guides with links to bodykits etc and it is very helpful and worth doing.

Hi, and thx for the quick answer :)

How do i become a full member? do i have to pay via Paypal?, and how does that work? :). Kinda n00b in the whole paypal scene.

Regards

- Hans

Thanx :) I'm fixing myself a PayPal account now :)

Any good webshops in the UK?, or somplace else where you can buy parts to the almera? any links/ideas? :)

It may sound stupid but one of the best places for parts is the UK ebay, and being in the right place at the right time! What kind of bodykit are you looking for? Subtle and sleek or loud and aggressive?

Well, i dont know for sure.... Agressive is indeed cool.. and sleek is allso cool.. well, everything actualy :)

Searched on Ebay.. dint find anything :(

Well as its a 5-door I think you would be better off with a subtle one, like a phase 1 or 2 GTi kit (You would need a new front bumper to fit it though), GTi's are often broken up on ebay so you can scrounge parts from there, or there is the MS Designs one (Google it) which you can use with your current bumper. Minigibb_GTi has a set of MSDesigns sideskirts and rear splitter on his GTi.
http://www.msdesignuk.com/show/nissan/almera.shtml
Theres an example, although I do not like the headlight overlays.

thats an awful bodykit :( truth of the matter is you cant actually buy a nice bodykit for an almera, well, the standard p1/p2 gti kits are 10x better than anything else you see on the market.

The picture in my avatar is an autech bumper, IMO they look nicer but you simply wont be able to find one.

Civic bodykits/Bumpers would go on - but you'd need to modify them a fair amount.

Theres a huge thread in the n15 styling section with pretty much EVERY bodykit/splitter etc available for the n15..

Hello everyone :)

Yesterday, i got my metallic grey decals from my man Tommy @ Kursiv.net. Sondre came and helped me with the interior paintwork, and i must say it got really nice!. Just placed a quite large order for some nismo stuff aswell... so you need to wait and see :)

Next up on the list:

* Exaust
* 17" (Either TSW, MOMO, Compomitive) Rims
* 30/40 , maybe 40/60 Lowering
* To get hold of the GTi Bodykit that everyone got... *in love*

Aswell will i find a GTi-R hood, and fit to my car aswell.. but then again, more parts under way now.. you need to wait and see :)

Here are some pictures.. looks shitty with the stock rims.. Cold as hell in Norway atm.. Hate it or love it :)

- Hans

IMG047.jpg

IMG048.jpg

IMG049.jpg

IMG054.jpg

IMG058.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

The spraying of the centre dash board looks superb and makes a huge difference!

Thanks for that ;). I totally agree. Sondre were suberb in the paintjob.. even thoug it was just spraycans, but hey.. it looks really good!

2 Layers of plastic primer
2 Layers of Light metallic silver
2 Layers of clear coat
= Smooth :)

Now i'm just thinking about what else i should paint... the little section in the doors with the awful fabrique goes away, with some fiberclass molds, and silver paint aswell.

- Hans

Some little mods which make a difference are:
Colour coding the outside of the rear lights, side strips, and door handles
Clear side repeaters
De-globing the front lights
Rear spoiler
De-badging

I like the sprayed centre console! But I woudnt put a GTi-R bonnet on as IMO they make it look like a klingon.

Dunno what i'm gonna do, but ill figure it out. The rear lights goes to paint next week, pluss some other stuff :)

Best way to do it for N15s is a custom built one to your car, scorpion do GTi ones but dont know how they compare.

Back
Top Bottom