If you could have one car right now....

210804-2.jpg

Next year it's just over £1000 to insure, I can see the Autech going in the bin :lol:

What would you have right now?

that's not a 68, it's a 69 like the general lee. the 68 doesn't have that vertical bit in the middle of the grille, and has 2 round lights on each side at the back, rather than the long bar lights of the 69.

that RX7 is effing gorgeous tho! link to more pics of it?

Benskett said:
Next year it's just over £1000 to insure, I can see the Autech going in the bin :lol:

What would you have right now?
3rd party ?

If I could get insured on any car I would have a Supra, Evo 7, R34, RX7 or hmmm a Range Rover.

edit. Ranger Rover Running on 22's and a heavy audio install for cruising :cool:

have to be an Evo 5/6, much prefer them to the newer and older ones!

guarantee though benskett the rx will need an engine rebuild, their renouned for needing them, from what i hear they need more intensive services and much more often than your average car and because of this a lot need engine rebuilds as previous owners dont research enough. A main problem is the seals inside the engine.

i would love an rx7 myself too, for an 13ish year old car they still look and perform amazingly!!!

my mates rx, excuse to modify it a bit with the insurance money from when some knob cut straight across the front of the rex:

RXNewLook.jpg

Dream car R32 in Blue
R32.jpg

But probably a next car... pulsar gtir. But im keeping the mera, its guna have how ze french say vvl vroom!

Rx7 Apex seals (or tips) will only fail if the car is raped and badly serviced. An Rx7 in a high state of tune will chomp through a set in under 10k but a fast road car will hopefully never need them replacing. People down the pub who say they always go wrong usually have a nob-head neighbour or mate that had fucked one and sold it soon after.

they do definately have a short engine lifespan stereotype though.

bloke on teh local; car club site aka MONKEY, is rebuilding his beast rx7, turbo same size as the one in teh lime Green RC development Evo at JAE

my mates got a RX7 and its it was made in 92. it has 70k on the clock when my mate brought it and the engine was just rebuilt. The car is a import so it may be due to the MOT in Japan that it needed rebuilding. (as you lot know the UK MOT is nothing compared to the Japanese MOT)

and oh yeah I missed DC5 and EP3 from my list :P

benskett and all the other rx7-wanting people i'd have to agree, Friend of mines got a type R version and everytime i get into it, it makes me want a quick car but how much it drinks is unreal.. £20 lasts him about 40 miles! and thats not even booting it all the time, They also have some pretty serious cooling issues (ie they dont) and know someone else whos just spent £7 grand on a rebuild and thats with stock turbos!

i reckon by the time i can afford it, S15 silvias will be affordable and out of the 10 year SVA test ruling...

Back
Top Bottom