It's all that Eds fault....

ok got the OBD II reader on there again today, and got a P1273 fault logged.

not had a chance to look it up yet, but from what I remember its to do with the fuel pressure?

interesting that. ..

according to that link, this is what the error is about,

Possible causes
- Faulty Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 Bank 1
- Faulty Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 heater Bank 1
- Fuel pressure
- Faulty Fuel injector
- Intake air leaks
- Faulty Air Flow Meter

Read more: http://nissanhelp.com/diy/obd_codes/p1273_nissan.html#ixzz33rYyL6Sh

but going by the links on the DCI info thread on here, I get the following ..

P1273Fuel pressure - range/performance problemPressure low, wiring open/short circuit, fuel pump (FP), fuel pressure sensor

Hmmm well the good news is..i can rule out the Egr for any issues...thought i'd remove it housing and all and give it a good clean out...only to find when removing the following instead of a gasket...so its blanked...sorted lol..uploadfromtaptalk1403894921787.jpg

Bad news..still not found out cause of running issues...

The lucky git doesn't. Its got to be one of the first commonrail 2.2s being 52 plate or 03 plate maybe they didn't have that issue. Navara you can blank without a management light coming on too.

-phone-

Hmm will have to check if mine runs well with it blanked and I've got a blanking plate I think from all the bits I grebe from vspec

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

I've got a blanking plate I think from all the bits I grebe from vspec

d3884573777c80bff020544f01f6dc15e9a6840e196ae07f754decc979a8a635.jpg

just an update on this... looks like have finally sorted the issue with the car constantly going into limp mode, SCV was the culprit, since replacing it over 3-4 weeks ago, haven't had that issue come up at all, slowly drivability and mpg has improved a lot as well, since then got a carbon vac clean, and took it to Nissan how did a pump down on the fuel pump, it was showing low pressure...

since then car is running miles better, day and light difference from first getting the car, overall getting around 70 - 80 miles more per tank...

although it is a lot better then before I would still say it isn't perfect, as feel should get better mpg then I am...

when I got the car, it would struggle to get into the 30s, (this is all mway driving) now I get to around 35-37 on same journey, and get to around 39-40 by the end of journey, sitting at 70 all the way...

Run some wynns egr cleaner through the intake, put some forte inj cleaner in the tank, oil/filter change, ensure rear brakes arent binding.

if youre almost at 40 id be suggesting the above, also learning how to drive it properly does help a lot, not meaning to sound patronising!!! But it does make a massive difference.

you may have done the above already, if so ignore me :)

brakes double checked on friday, no problems there...have done all the cleaners a couple of times now...did Oil and filter change when I got the car, could do it again if needed...

no worries mate, understand the drive it properly bit..

Thats like mine so id think that was normal. Do you have much weight in the car? Tools in boot ect.

Im running out of things to suggest! Cleaned the MAF?

Back
Top Bottom