It's nearly ready...

Nah, nothing in mind, just play it by ear.

The injectors will be maxxed out though if I push it much more.

You run ARP head bolts dont ya dave? I`ve heard the head can `lift` when you reach silly HP figures, apparently OE head bolts are best.

Keep up the great work and i`m glad the engines going in a `proper` car at last!

can't wait to see how this beast goes!!

loved the micra.. even better to see it in a mera!

our fastest street tyred N15 here in Aussie is running low 12s... He's aiming to get to 11s in the next chance!! I'd love to see some competition coming for him from your way!!

What are you planning around the rest of the car?

rowdy-GTi said:
You run ARP head bolts dont ya dave? I`ve heard the head can `lift` when you reach silly HP figures, apparently OE head bolts are best.

Keep up the great work and i`m glad the engines going in a `proper` car at last!

Yip, ARP head bolts are correct.

As for lifting the head, ouch, I don't reckon it will see those kind of Boost & HP levels.

shiny_blue said:
can't wait to see how this beast goes!!

loved the micra.. even better to see it in a mera!

our fastest street tyred N15 here in Aussie is running low 12s... He's aiming to get to 11s in the next chance!! I'd love to see some competition coming for him from your way!!

What are you planning around the rest of the car?

Dunnoh really...get it running, run the engine in. Remap it for the higher boost levels and then fit the rest of the gearlike the coilovers and brakes.

I really just want to get the engine done as I don't have a garage to work in anymore as of the end of this month.

Shame!

you intending for track work? strip work? street work? khana? all of the above?

gonna leave interior full? strip it?

got a nice gearset worked out? I don't fancy 3rd gear's chances with that amount of power unless you treat it very nicely!!

Personally can't wait to see it running!

Nope, full interior this time as I will be using it everyday.

As for 3rd gear, that problem is solved as I had fitted the late P11-144 gearbox when it was in the Micra.

Did you guys down under not get the later style gearbox?

the P11s have a bigger casing and cooling fins don't they? We never got the P11 so I haven't seen what they have to offer!

Our standard gearsets in the RS5F32A box (standard on AUDM N14/N15 SR20s) have a tendency to shred when put under a large amount of pressure. There's quite a large "3rd gear club" around from all the boosted guys... Our standard upgrade is a PAR gearset which is rated as legendary status and we haven't seen someone smash one yet!

Nope, the design was completely different...different selectors gear stacks and bracing for the stacks themselves.

I used to have the stock RS5F32A gearbox and I did manage to kill 3rd gear. Took the teeth right off it...LOL!

Updates, yeah.

The engine and gearbox is in the car and the wiring is all attached.

Today I finshed off the exhaust system and I'm quite pleased with it to be honest.

It should be good to go sometime this week.

Will let you know!

The turbo is a GT3071R, machined Compressor housing to take a 76mm Compressor wheel, ported turbine housing and enlarged wastegate penny.

It's basically good for 500 BHP.

Nope, I'll be using the car everyday, so it had to go out the rear and has to be fairly quiet.

It's a 3" system from the turbo back, all mandrel bends.

Wahaay...it's in and it runs.

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

Please excuse the state of the engine bay at the moment, as I have literally just got it into a starting state...that was the priority.

I will clean it up on Monday & Tuesday!

Cheers

Dave

dont hang about do ya :D

good to see its nearly there, just one thing, it might be just the picture, but it looks like the plenum might foul the bonnet?!

Back
Top Bottom