It's nearly ready...

As far as I know, my 1/4 mile record for a FWD car at Crail still stands, so until it's broken, I won't be back there!

The problem is I don't have anywhere to work on a car anymore!

Sorry for the delay guys...

Yesterday I worked on the car for the first time in about 3 months fitting the boost gauge, 2nd idle control valve (the O2 manifold makes idle control a pain in the a**e) and gave the car a good clean out since it was painted.

After spending countless hours getting the idle down to a stable 1500 rpm, I decided to give it a drive.

I have to say, it brought a smile back to my face to drive an Almera again (especially one with an interior), even though it was just puttering about.

Considering the engines only done about 30 miles since the rebuild, I decided to take it easy, but gave it one hit in 2nd gear on boost, and you'll never guess what happened...

WHEELSPIN!

Looks like traction is going to suck as always...LOL!

I'll keep you guys posted as the build progresses!

Cheers

Dave

is there no way to put a lsd into the GTi box, or fit a fwd sr20 box which already had a lsd like the vzr?

yeah hes already put one in.

Correct me if im wrong but didnt the sunny GTi come with an LSD, but good luck finding a low mileage one.

d0b0 said:
is there no way to put a lsd into the GTi box, or fit a fwd sr20 box which already had a lsd like the vzr?

there are a few options with putting LSDs into a sr20 box. A VZR LSD box also fits ( i have one ;) )

Yeah, its still going strong thanks mate.

How do you think the extra weight of the N15 chassis will effect you 1/4 mile times?....it`ll give extra traction surely?

UPDATE!!!

OK, I did the brakes on the car today.

As well as the Wilwoods and 300mm discs that came from the Micra (RIP), I got round to fitting the new rear setup from a '95 Maxima as well.

I wasn't sure if it would fit but it does...straight on and no issues!!!

The stock Almera GTi rear brake disc and a '95 Maxima rear disc (285mm) (albeit an aftermarket variant)...

DSC00004.jpg

Here's the finished product along side the '95 Maxima calipers (sorry for the blurry mobile phone photo)...

DSC00003.jpg

Cheers

Dave

The kit actually comes from Greg Vogel from G-Spec in the U.S.

I can't remember how much it was, as I got it last August, but everything bolts staight on to the original mounting points.

You have to remove and discard the back plate, as it is too small, but the discs bolt on (they come drilled to 4 stud already), the calipers bolt onto the same place, and both the handbrakes cable and stainless brake lines fit straight on as well.

As for the finished article...

I have just a few things left to do, including fitting the heavy duty driveshafts, fit the coilovers and fit the front, lower wishbone PU bushing.

Give me a couple of weeks, and it will be done.

Cheers

Dave

Back
Top Bottom