Joey's N15 Ph2 - SR20DE+T

__

Yay I got a Punto wiper :D

Why do they always slope down a bit?

wiper01.jpg

So I bought a couple of hook things from the supermarket to make a DIY... hook.

Cut one of them up and painted it black. Stuck it on...
Looked better.

wiper02.jpg

wiper03.jpg

wiper04.jpg

Then I was visiting friends interstate and it was freezing.. like icicles forming in your nose kind of freezing.

It totally froze my punto wiper hook off. I might have knocked it too when I was cleaning the window but it was mostly the weathers fault.

Anyway on the highway I noticed the poor car wouldn't get up to operating temperature.
It's meant to be above 80*C, and it wouldn't get up to temp unless I stopped and let it idle.
And as soon as I moved off again it would drop back down to like 50*C.

So I pulled the thermostat out and found it was jammed partly open. I could definately see sky through it!
So I got a new one. Note the rubber gasket on the new one turns out to be part of the packaging material.
Well I didn't know that at the time, so thats my gasket now :(

thermo1.jpg

thermo2.jpg

Also some time ago these parts arrived from pommy land (Thanks dmsteve!!)

gti-bits.jpg

I've been so busy I haven't had time or money to have them painted or fitted :(
Most depressing.

So I gave the car a bath to make me feel better.

bath01.jpg

bath02.jpg

Curry hook for the win!

Pull the wiper off and move it round one spline maybe?

Car looks well smart mush, fair play to ya.

Theres a bit of play in the wiper, so it stops in the correct postition after using it, but over a few days it bumps down an inch.

So I tried to reposition it, but then it would stop an inch too high, and bump down to normal after a few days. Can't win!

Theres a bit of play in the wiper, so it stops in the correct postition after using it, but over a few days it bumps down an inch.

So I tried to reposition it, but then it would stop an inch too high, and bump down to normal after a few days. Can't win!

De wiper it ;)

oooooo I completely missed it... Joey has Ph2 GTi kit... nice.

Paul told me a while back, but I didn't even think that you got them.

Back
Top Bottom