Kitty the Red GTi

Looks like a motorbike tyre! Surely these run inner tubes as the tyre wall wont be secure on the bead of the wheel?

Apparently its not that safe - heard things about tyres slipping etc -
Also if your prone to the odd handbrake turn.... this is not the type of tyres u wanna have

Also very prone to air leakages, if not done right

well you boys are safe from me and my stretched tyres then as ill be nowhere near your pride and joy

what is it with this forum, anything that anybody does that goes against the grain is immediately laughed at or is told not to do it because they think it looks shite.... just because one person thinks its a bad idea or will look shite dosnt mean that everyone else has to jump on the band wagon...

i understand that stretched tyres CAN be unsafe, thats my choice to go ahead with it.... if you think that they stop spamming MY thread with useless shite

this isnt a dig at anyone in particular by the way

i love haters!

well you boys are safe from me and my stretched tyres then as ill be nowhere near your pride and joy

what is it with this forum, anything that anybody does that goes against the grain is immediately laughed at or is told not to do it because they think it looks shite.... just because one person thinks its a bad idea or will look shite dosnt mean that everyone else has to jump on the band wagon...

i understand that stretched tyres CAN be unsafe, thats my choice to go ahead with it.... if you think that they stop spamming MY thread with useless shite

this isnt a dig at anyone in particular by the way

i love haters!

im sure we will have utmost sympathies for you when your tyre pops off on a bend and puts you in a field...

nobody has once put down your "dub look" in fact i quite liked your old GX. but stretched tyres are just fail...

worse handling, unsafe, looks like a fat bird in a boob tube,

but yeah. im a hater... hater > upside down in a field

im sure we will have utmost sympathies for you when your tyre pops off on a bend and puts you in a field...

nobody has once put down your "dub look" in fact i quite liked your old GX. but stretched tyres are just fail...

worse handling, unsafe, looks like a fat bird in a boob tube,

but yeah. im a hater... hater > upside down in a field

Ill prob be in the car with him ;-) lol
or dogging lol

Chris - dotn throw the dummys out of the pram, u no me an u slate each other all the time lol all in the joy of funage

In all fairness, safe or not, it does look fukin awsome!

Mate as I said I'm not having a dig in anyone in particular it's just in general that people always side with eachother when someone says something is shit.

Eddie the sound system would be going into my mk1 golf with the rusty bike on the roof lol. To be honest the sub coming through the rear seats would probably be my cause of death lol.

Lol Ross I'm not asking for sympathy at all. I know what can happen with stretched tyres and I'm taking the chance that it dosnt happen. My gti isn't the fasted in the world due to weight of audio and to be truthfully honest, i dont hammer around much as i did in the early stages. I need my license for work, if i lose it im fucked. I use the car at weekends and various nights during the week. It'll probably not see much use on the steels over the winter as the gti wheels will be back on.

I'm not wanting to initiate and argument. We all know the dangers of stretched tyres but to be honest driving in it's own is a danger.

Fuck me What just happened? Corbs not getting involved in a debate. Where is corbs and what have you done with him lol.

Only playing my Ginger friend!

Thanks can't wait. Should look well

funny-pictures-why-i-oughta-cat.jpg

small update with some bad news

1. wheels have been put on hold due to the winter coming in, lets face it they'll get fucked with snow and road salt, roll on 2011
2. going to paint my gti wheels black and get new tyres for the winter (recommendations for winter tyres please)
3. going to get poly mounts for front and rear as the rubber ones are shot to fuck
4. got myself a set of ph2 lucino lights :) taking sub box out to fit them.... booooooo
5. need to get a new sub as i blew a coil lastnight :( sad times

Chris, there is no fun in the rain, snow and ice with decent tyres

:-) - Ill be putting the lassas back on for victoria park on xmas morning ;-) lol

Its the alloys that are 'sexy' not the fact the tyres are dangerously ill fitted. Some proper sized tyres and rolled arches would give much better 'sexiness' :yes:

Back
Top Bottom