Kitty the Red GTi

Right I messaged the seller and he says he dosnt know what they are desiged for e.g RR or NON RR

all he could tell me was....

Dear hardc0re_tid,

hi

i dont know sorry
as far as i know will fit all SR red and black top
dino

- japandyno

Now this means fuck all to me as I'm not clued up on the rwd engines turbo and non turbo etc.

The blacktop i assume (from raceworx post) is the non RR. So what does that make the redrop.... Probably non RR too?

asked a few questions this morning and he came back to me, saying that they should work in my engine.... i then asked him if i get them and they arent for my engine would he refund me and cover postage costs.....

he then cancelled the sale without replying to me, he knew what way things were going and made the sensible choice (thankfully) rather than get arsey.

ah well, means i can spend the money on getting my wheels banded

3" or MAYBE 4 if i can on the rear but no more than 2 inch on the front

want a staggered fitment

EDIT.... just looked there, 4 inch lip is a bit too wide, think ill got for 2 on the front and 3 on the rear

Really don't understand banding. Can you explain what your going to do mate?

I'm guessing you pull the beading out around the rim? What width wheel are we talking about after?
Wider than mine? :(

Steve

basically you cut the rim and put a band of steel (2" 3", basically what ever size you want/need) in between and weld them up again

VW G60 rims are 6" and i want to band them (make them wider) to about 9" on the rear and 8" on the front

www.bandedsteels.co.uk

30082008362.jpg

Right I messaged the seller and he says he dosnt know what they are desiged for e.g RR or NON RR

all he could tell me was....

Dear hardc0re_tid,

hi

i dont know sorry
as far as i know will fit all SR red and black top
dino

- japandyno

Now this means fuck all to me as I'm not clued up on the rwd engines turbo and non turbo etc.

The blacktop i assume (from raceworx post) is the non RR. So what does that make the redrop.... Probably non RR too?

hes talkig about SR20DET's.. alll RWD SR20DET's use non Roller rockers.. they have 2 varients like we have FWD high and lowports the RWD's have high and lowports.. Highports are red tops lowports are blacktops..

no, they went to nissan heaven when the rat got scrapped.... why for do yee askith?

ive been doing a lot of comparison and they don't LOOK any different to the standard cams or robs JWT's

they have the cut out for the distributor....

i cant physically tell if there are any differences in measurements as i dont have them....

floor is open for discussion

Chris, u are bald

U no i was joking darling ;-) i prefer a man without any hair lol

Rocker doesnt look too bad, still think it wuda looked better with the paint sanded of the letters to bare metal, but anyway lol at least i can do that lol

have to admit, banded steelies, fukin look awsome, gives me the horn slightly
Id be tempted, but i dont wanna copy u ;-)

but u did copy my car lol

oj

xo

well if a gti came up for sub £1000 IN NORTHERN IRELAND of all places lol, would you not buy it.... you'd be mad not too

steels should be away next month to get banded, still need some measurements which should be done tonight.

might paint the cover all black, not feeling the red lettering, might paint the lettering gloss black instead

Course ya can you plonker. You seen the matt/satin black porsche with gloss bans along the sides. And gloss black lettering. Looks well IMO anyway lol

Done some measureing up tonight and it looks like I can go with a 2.5" band on the rear. 3" was overkill. (not that I want to admit that) but it'll involve pulling the arches way too much and I don't want to pull them. Rolling them is as far a I want to go, if I even have to. Can go with 2" on the front. However I feel that this may not give the look staggered look. I want to have the rear wheels wider than the front but with only half an inch difference it may not give the desired look I'm after

Back
Top Bottom