Liams Range Rover

^ No. Its fucking annoying tho!

The switch is part of the lock and im too scared to phone Landrover for a price...:eek:

Found these 2 in the Folkstone thread. I really like the 2nd :biggrin:

DSC04422.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

Right then, today ive been sorting out the built-in satnav thingy.

Started off at work today cutting the bit of acyrlic to shape. Then set to work finishing what id started on the dash. Test fitted, it looks sweet! Have just got a few minor alterations, then its time to glue it together!

Anyways, heres some pics...

At the Start...
04082010105.jpg

After a bit of cutting...
04082010106.jpg

Custom plate in place...
04082010107.jpg

Satnav in place...
04082010108.jpg

Satnav powered up...
04082010110.jpg

The blue plastic will be coming off once ive drilled a couple of holes for a sensor that sits behind the panel. Then its all good to fit for real :)

Dude set photobucket to change the size of your photos to 800x600 when you upload them.

Good job though mate, much neater than sticking it on the windscreen!

Reactions: IT
I did change the settings the other day bud, im back on it now tho, resizing them as we speak :lol:

EDIT: Sorted :thumbs:

Thanks guys! I took my time, and its turned out better than i expected!

Steve, what do you mean fully accessible? Its designed to stay in there, not to be removed when not in use. It gets power from a 3way fag lighter that ive put in the glove box, and has a switch to turn on/off :)

Its stuck on with silicone, so will come off with a stanley blade and a bit of patience.

But i have only put it in there for the Europe trip, it probably wont get used after that! :lol: Ive coped without satnav in the UK so far, why change now :whistling:

:lol: Ok then ill let you off :tongue:

Nah im not really concerned tbh, its no different to having the Range Rover option satnav installed. It goes in the same place, but costs £1800, yes £1800 from Landrover, if you can source one. There was one on eBay the other week for £600 but im not prepared to pay that for a basic UK mapping only system.

This whole setup, inlcuding the satnav, a 3way faglighter, wiring, perspex and a power inverter has cost me just under £200.

Yeah Rob, standard UK plug socket, upto 120w iirc :)

If youve got a plug adaptor (for a european wall plug) bring it, as we can steal the hotels power then :lol:

But my inverter has enough grunt to charge cameras, phones, laptops ect :)

You got many CDs to bring dude? Mine are shite :superlol:

Only standard CD unfortunatly. It will play copied CDs tho.

Im pretty pissed off that neither of my 2 plans to get an auxilery input worked :angry:

Back
Top Bottom