matt is the way forward!

currently painting the gx matt black, got the bumpers and the spoiler off, primed and waiting some matt black goodness!

watch this space!

Your quick out the blocks Chris, are you going to clearcoat it? (use a matt lacquer)

Matt paint is super porous and looks crap real quick.

Are you coming to the Northern meet? I wanna see it in the flesh cos i am painting my GTi Satin Black in late Spring.

Aslong as your using a proper spray gun it could look good. Wouldn't spray the lights though, chavs do that.

Your quick out the blocks Chris, are you going to clearcoat it? (use a matt lacquer)

Matt paint is super porous and looks crap real quick.

Are you coming to the Northern meet? I wanna see it in the flesh cos i am painting my GTi Satin Black in late Spring.

quick out the block, what ya mean? lol

Northern meet? as in northern ireland?

quick out the block, what ya mean? lol

Northern meet? as in northern ireland?

Quick out the blocks as in this was only an idea last week and this week you have half done it!

Immediacy is good, think it, say it, do it!

Any in progress pics? I am very interested in this subject as it will give me an idea what mine is going to look like. I have seen Raceworx effort and love the look, i do want to see one with a decent finish tho (Raceworx did his in a weekend for the crack)

As for the northern meet, bump!

im using halfords stuff, i found that it leaves no blemishes, bright spots. ive only got the bumpers done, im betting a VZR grill and joy tuing skirts next week, the bonet and wings are the next on the list after i get the bootlid and the other dents fixed

matt black is dead... i did it in 2005, and theres been a lot more since... think nato! or even newer think satin red etc...

Finish looks sweet Chris, top work.

I would clearcoat though, protect the finish.

As for Matt Black being dead, yeah its been done millions of times since cars were invented, does'nt stop it looking rock hard does it? i can't remember the last time i saw a Matt Black motor!

I had a NATO Green Polo Breadvan in 94 so...

I would go for a colour change but i would want all the reveals done too (its my daily so thats out)

Personal preference rules.

yea i live in belfast and i know now how you know were i live lol, small world indeed!

matt is the way forward!

dont think ill be able to afford more paint as im using filler primer, grey primer and a top coat of halfords finest matt black. push comes to shove ill buy more matt black and touch it up haha lol

just a quick update, front and rear bumpers

im not overly fussed about the small scuffs here and there

dsc02715vi3.jpg

dsc02716wt7.jpg

dsc02716wt7.jpg

dsc02719pq0.jpg

dsc02720lg5.jpg

dsc02721wd0.jpg

dsc02722pp8.jpg

dsc02723sg5.jpg

dsc02724pr0.jpg

dsc02726kn5.jpg

dsc02727yq3.jpg

dsc02728bn7.jpg

dsc02730bz9.jpg

dsc02731fd6.jpg

dsc02732ce4.jpg

dsc02736cq7.jpg

dsc02737aj4.jpg

dsc02740rg6.jpg

vzr grill, some pics here of what turned out shit at the start, went and bought more paint and primer etc and started over, not sure what went wrong the first time round as it was the same paint used on the bumpers :S

dsc02747sn9.jpg

dsc02748kc6.jpg

dsc02749ky8.jpg

dsc02750dd4.jpg

dsc02751hm9.jpg

dsc02752zg5.jpg

dsc02753ls6.jpg

dsc02754ve2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom