Matt's GTi

I found my spoiler was leaking via the locating plugs that are near the bolts that hold it on, water was streaming in when jet washing

Rain X is great stuff for exterior window coverage though - I've seen people on full speed wipers & mine with nothing needed at all on the dual carriageway. It just streaks off ! :)

Oh I am, I am. I had a spare plenum and I sent it to that pitchie so he could make something he said he would send it back and well you know the rest.

Always was my plan, just need to get the manifold off and heatshield as that will let it down a bit

if your staying standard..... which I think you should

get the heatshield off and get it ceramic coated or something thatl be sweet :)

if your staying standard..... which I think you should

get the heatshield off and get it ceramic coated or something thatl be sweet :)

Yeah that does sound good, the ceramic coating.

Why do you think I should stay standard and in what ways? Engine, styling and suspension??

you have the 'mintest' standard gti on the club :) I would just do things to improve the clean look the powder coated engine goodies etc

I have always thought it'd be nice to have a nice standard example on the stands to show what it was like out the factory, so people have an idea of what everyone has done to their cars.

you will win the award for best standard example every year :lol: its nice to see a standard one now when nearly every single car on here is modified in some way

It is nice to see, but you shouldn't feel obliged to keep your car standard for everyone else's benefit.

I totally agree corblah but i'd always planned on changing a few things befiore i even got the car. But now I see it it's actually hard to bring myself to do it. It is a clean example. I think if it wasn't as clean i wouldn't think twice but I have always like the standard phase two grill and styling etc. so think it will just stay that way, I might just have to get bvlack alloys for the winter though.

And would putting a scorpion cat back on be too much. Sam?

I know this is a for sale thread, could a mod move the relevant post to my members ride thread. Cheers

Thats a nice civic on page 2 hahahahahahahahaha.

Clean car bro i love it, still can't believe the mileage tho lol

lowering would be as far as i'd go looks wise, id do filter and exhaust, k&n panel filter and a subtle exhaust for looks and sound :)

I have always thought it'd be nice to have a nice standard example on the stands to show what it was like out the factory, so people have an idea of what everyone has done to their cars.

It would be cool to see that at a show, like your car in the middle with all the modified one's around it or something:)

Wee update:

I managed to squeeze in a bit of garage time on sat afternoon.

Fitted my Scorpion exhaust. I'm glad I did now as when taking the old one off the back box kinda fell off. It couldn't have been far away from working it's self loose. It had been welded right on the join with the mid section (you'll see in the pics).

The exhaust it's self (Scorpion one) sits lovely in the bumper and isn't loud at all which I love. No knocking what so ever as my car is still sitting at stock height:).

Next plans are a bloody good clean and some engine bay powder coated goodies;)

DSC00740.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

Back
Top Bottom