Matt's GTi

I remember we had a scorpion exhaust on our first GTi and I found it worked very well with a S/S manifold and header. It made a really nice noise above 4000RPM and it was a bargain at just £25!!

Your welcome bro;)

Cheers:thumbs:

I remember we had a scorpion exhaust on our first GTi and I found it worked very well with a S/S manifold and header. It made a really nice noise above 4000RPM and it was a bargain at just £25!!

Well mine wasn't quite that cheap but not far off it;)

glad you finally got it fitted at that bargain price lol. Noticed any difference in power at all with it on

Yeah it does seem a bit more free flowing and pulls better I think.

Yeah it is in pretty good nick. When it's dry in the summer it's getting the whole underside treated.

I don't mind admitting that he (bushell) can drive better than me at the moment.

It shows how long ago i updated this, I had to search for the thread to find it lol.

Well hopefully I'll have a bit more time to spend on the car now with the lighter nights soon to come.

I haven't really done much but have been constantly cleaning it and even driving it now and again.

I fitted a Black powder coated rocker cover and some VZR rear lights:)

Despite the quick pics I took where the car is manky, I apologise I think they look pretty nice.

More pics will follow tomorrow when the car is cleaned.

Also was away on holiday and took a couple of snaps there too;)

Before: Old Rocker Cover
March10025.jpg

After: New Rocker Cover
March10031.jpg

March10030.jpg

Does my engine look healthy? Any reason for the deposits on the underside of the old rocker cover?

March10028.jpg

March10026.jpg

New Lights

March10033.jpg

March10034.jpg

And a few snaps Before I went away:

March10013.jpg

March10014.jpg

Brother's (bushell) Civic:

March10015.jpg

And finally snaps on Holiday:

March10020.jpg

March10022.jpg

March10023.jpg

March10024.jpg

And this is place we rented:

OldlodgeHighForce039.jpg

OldlodgeHighForce041.jpg

Get that bay cleaned ;) Nah looks great mate! Tried texting you but msg wouldn't go through, musta been in the middle of nowhere!

spot on, powder coated inlet and it will look mint :) maybe sand the lettering on the rocker cover.....

Get that bay cleaned ;) Nah looks great mate! Tried texting you but msg wouldn't go through, musta been in the middle of nowhere!

I will be cleaning it the morn if the weather holds up, Yeah I was in the middle of no where with no signal.

your engine is immaculate inside.

the deposits you are looking at are silicone of some type. nothing to worry about.

Cheers Ross thanks for clearing that up, Could do with being a bit cleaner though, due an oil and filter in a couple of hundred mile;)

does look good mate... defiantly need some more colour in your bay tho :D

I'm not sure, really struggle to find that all important contrasting colour.

loveyour car mate one of the cleanest gti's around and a great colour

I like the colour, but would still rather have a blue one though. Or some really good products. I'm going to try a few different one's at a detailing meet next week so hopefully come away with something that will bring out the best in this weird colour. lol

spot on, powder coated inlet and it will look mint :) maybe sand the lettering on the rocker cover.....

I have got the powder coated plenum here to fit, but didn't feel that confident in doing it, will it be much harder than the rocker cover?

Now that is some really good shine there and what a stunning reflection.

Your car is looking very nice indeed, keep up the good work!

Cheers, just need a really good camera and a better photographer than me, should have some better pics up tomorrow.

its certainly more involved than the rocker cover, never tackled one myself...

I stripped one out of my old gti that i was scrapping, but that was a while back and i didn;t really take much care and attention as it was being scrapped and i was just removing it. Hmmm, not sure i should tackle it.

i done my chromed plenum in about 20 mind after installing my SR20

not a hard job to do but do what joe did and what i forgot to do and relocate the earthing wires on the top of the plenum to the bottom.. makes it look soo much nicer....

contrasting colour

GOLD :D

canny be that difficult, just be methodical and take your time

and dont go putting no stupid colours in the engine bay ; )

OEM fresh

I have got the powder coated plenum here to fit, but didn't feel that confident in doing it, will it be much harder than the rocker cover?

Last had my plenum off about 6 months ago, but iirc, there`s 6 or 8 bolts (needs a decent length ratchet extension to reach the front ones) & I think 3 pipes that connect to the plenum, the one at the back is a total bitch to get at & is a right ball ache to get back on! :-(

Feel free to correct me on any of this anyone. :)

Not so sure on the gold, I like the all blackness of it.

Very true Sam, just take my time, we'll see how i feel tomorrow.

I will do that Rob, can they just go anywhere, as long as there is good contact etc?

Back
Top Bottom