Miriam and Stevo (B1 and B2 gone)

corbs your a legend how many Almera's you had ?

Ummm
1. Nymo - Black SRi - died of rust, body/suspension damage and gearbox/engine fail
2. Stevo - Black GTi - Tasha drives this now
3. Gizmo - Black GTi - my 'project'/pain in the ass
4. Red - Red GTi - Donor for Gizmo
5. Miriam - Blue SRi - this one

Although I've had 2 awesome cheap runabout K11s, one piece of shit K10 and a brilliant disposable mondeo.

I'd trade them all to have kept my first one though :(

Joe, I bet you'd never have guessed your car would be used as an AOC taxi?

I have to say, i do like this almera you've got Corbs! My very first almera was the same as this one but yours looks 100times better

Thanks Alan!
Phil - shut yo mouth, it wont be lighter for long! With any luck it'll be patched by next week. Might be off to the bodyshop after the MoT for 'longevity treatment'. (Just getting rid of the body rust, theres a few patches on the arches, tailgate and one of the doors, underneath it's actually in really good condition!).

Ok, bigish update. Got up early this morning (I didnt even realise they made a 7 AM as well!) to drive up to Andy aka Streaky's workshop near doncaster, had a very surprising encounter with RaceworX on the M1 on the way up, unexpected and random!
Andy got cracking with the first sill, rebuilt with bloody thick steel.
Before
IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

3 wheel motion
IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Ground back then welded
IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

Then we turned the car around to start on the second, this was much worse and required a section of the arch to be reconstructed. Both sides also needed parts of the inner arch patching too. Then a coat of underseal for the trip back.
His words were 'is that all?' :D
IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

The old sill
IMG_3031.jpg

Protected :) Going to do the whole sill before putting sideskirts on
IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

Bloody good work, highly recommended. Fingers crossed for the MoT on thursday!

happy to be of service, had to fabricate inner chassis rail under drivers rear arch on my lass's gti last week for mot which was lot harder to get to as it was up inder facing inner edge if that makes sense. if you look up under arch you can't see it. anyway 2 hrs later job done and its mot'd for another year

happy motoring mate

Good news then Andy, anyother GTi saved :)

Couple of pics from testing a few camera mounts yesterday
IMG_3183.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

Pretty good actually!

Bored today so removed the 2.25" cat back and jap can backbox from the GTi and fitted it, way too noisy though (no raor, just bass) and I think its losing power, going to try the standard GTi exhaust tomorrow and see if thats better. I remember on my old 1.6 fitting a GTi cat back smoothed out the power so hopefully it'll be the right diameter for the engine.

Back
Top Bottom