Miriam and Stevo (B1 and B2 gone)

Miriam got some much needed TLC recently..
DSC00316.jpg

Rear inner arch welded up, all 3 layers! Will get some pics of the whole process soon hopefully. Just need to find a new hub , and get a brake caliper seal kit so I can fit the GTi brakes (The originals have now ground down the pads completely, very much overdue an upgrade.
Sill needs welding, as does the boot floor. Then attention can be turned to paint and tarting up all round for the summer.

Looking good. Where are you doing the work?

Place called AREA 52 I found on retro rides forum, it belongs to one guy but lots of people chip in to work on their cars there and expand their skills together. It's literally 30 seconds from my house which is nice.

Nah I just drive it round when I need work doing, it's stored outside my house currently.

EDIT: Joe yeah it feels good to not be under pressure to do it in a hurry too.

Took a good long look at Miriam. Sat in her, smelled the old smell, missed her a lot. One of the sills has now fallen apart completely and rusted through several layers, the other is on the way out as is the boot floor and rear panel, engine bay, bootlid, bonnet. The £50 patches I had done years ago did their job, as did this wonderful £150 car. But to carry on doing work on it is pointless, the shell has had its day, is at least 3 different colours, rust everywhere, every bush and bearing is nearly life expired, and it is just not worth it.

The end.

:( A sad day. Bye bye. Does makes sense though corbs when it's not a 'special' chassis and could get a mintier one for less than the repairs!

Back
Top Bottom