Movs Black GTi

Take the side repeaters off dude!

Not sure im not quite feeling it

it is though... i can see black through the primer.

if you use a translucent base colour it will look shit when you are done because you havent primered it properly.

besides... you definately primered that whole car with a can, cause the spray pattern is too narrow for a gun.

The only place where can has been used is on the arches after sorting the rust out

ooh using high fill primer, doin it properly! nice

any ideas on the new colour?

i wish i had the space like that to have another go at spraying my car, i reckong 2nd time round i could get a proper shit hot finish just haven't got anywhere decent to do it.

should look good when done man

Nearly There cant wait lol:taz:

IMG_2776.jpg

Sneak peak

IMG_2775.jpg

I personally don't think you can judge the finish from shitty camera phone photos lol,
We'll see when its all finished and that
Joe

you can't judge, its a shit cam phone pic, iots just base by look of it. needs flatting. lac, then flatting and compound etc i presume

i think midnight purple will be awesome, glad this has been done to a mera after i scrapped mine and didn't do it

I think we set the bar to high on some things, remember the paint before was 12 years old and faded probably scratched swirled tarspots etc... even if it isnt most glistsy of finish's at least it will be very clean.. Well done mov!

yeah it is 2010, i have a fone thats from 2007 and another from 2003 or somat.. and a car thats from 1999.. DOES IT MATTER?

the car look fucking amazing in the flesh, there will be some top notch quality pics of it sooon :)

you can't judge, its a shit cam phone pic, iots just base by look of it. needs flatting. lac, then flatting and compound etc i presume

i think midnight purple will be awesome, glad this has been done to a mera after i scrapped mine and didn't do it

Yes that was the FIRST coat after primer

it then got another coat. flatted, lacquered. now abit more cutting and buffing tomorrow, and then :tooth: :VVL:

The picture i took was before it was lacquered

And as Joe and Craig you cant judge till its finished

Thanks everyone for the postive comments though :tt2:

P.S
Why are some people always so negative, be optimistic for once its only a car FFS
This is the first time we are attempting to spray carS so dont expect it be perfect.
Practice makes perfect

Reactions: edk
precisely mov, good man for trying yourself, can't wait to see final pics

i sprayed my blue n15 myself last year and while it wasn't perfect i learnt a lot and am seriously considering spraying my n14 now and will feel better prepared to make a good job of it. it's a learning curve - good on you

i sprayed my blue n15 myself last year and while it wasn't perfect i learnt a lot and am seriously considering spraying my n14 now and will feel better prepared to make a good job of it. it's a learning curve - good on you

Although your an N14 driving slut, i'm sure we wouldn't mind you using our place if need be to get spray your car.. :)

Exactly my point

As long as it is half good as other spray jobs ill be happy
The more mistakes ill make the better it will be for me lol

Back
Top Bottom