my gti, :-)

im removing my aircon, but as for weight saving im still gonna have my sub in the boot etc so weight saving is not essencial im sure ill have enough power tobring the power to weight figure high neough :D
and the extra weight from the turbo/fmic, is quite a bit :D

nope stu you didnt, just a total price :D

phil i think every part of the block is essential, the webbing, i.e. straight runs of seemingly useless metal along and up the block is there to strengthen the block as it is aluminium and not a solid piece of iron like a GA lol, wouldnt be suprised if theyre there to reduce the noise the actual block makes, resonance or whatever lol i went stupid half way through so sod it haha

here you go cov, to bore it out that amount ie about 100cc will cost £160 and to lighten the crank loads will cost £160 too :D
thats cash price ;) with card plus VAT :D

by the way if anyone wants a lightened sr20 crank i could get my other one lightened for you and post it out :D as i have still got another sr20de engine in my yard, which is half stripped :D i could get the head ported and polished to if anyone wishes :D that costs about £400 tho :D
might put these in the for sale section if anyone might be interested :D

nice one stu.

whats the idea behind lightening the crank, rev more freely, similar to a light weight flywheel?

yeah thats it cov :D
when you lighten and balance the crank with the rods and pistons like mine the whole turning mass is all 100% balanced and perfect, so it will rev slightly faster due to the less weight and run smoother as it is lighter and balanced,
as its not when it leaves the factory :)
they do it all too with the clutch and flywheel on so even that will be perfectly intune with the rest,
you dont balance the rods when you do the crank as they lighten and balance them all up so they weigh the same to the nearest gram then are fitted onto lightened and balanced crank which is also the same so it all becomes sweet :D

so when they lightened my crank, rods, flywheel it gave me some more lbft, and rev freely too :D and now i have the forged pistons its even lighter :D

my garage is a really good place, they are a car repairs place like your average sevice station but what a lot of people dont realise is that they are a engineering company too, hence the title 'TK Engineering' my car is the only one in there having a engine build everyone else is in for a service, haha,
although ALL the other service station in about a 10-15 mile radius take all their heads, blocks and engines their to be worked on :D so ive just cut out the middle man :lo:

nice one on the tech enlightenment

im gonna see if i can get similar work done up this end, as lugging my block down south is a mission lol

well when you get the block off ill pick it up when im up in birmingham next or as im up there nearly every month or so i can bring it down :D

your too good sir. Ive got a feeling they will need the new pistons for the boring/honing process in order to get the correct clearances so wont be for a good while yet as the pistons alone are atleast 250 quid.

Anyway i better pm about this stuff ha

right then my car is all done and running woohoo :D
havent seen/got it yet tho as my MOT run out monday so they did that too,and it failed :( bar 2 little thing like the headlight was showing a little low, and one number plate light out, the main big thing was the rear brake pipes are corroded both sides, they put it down as dangerous ! so wont be getting my car back till monday now

which is hugely annoying grrrr

oh well at least i have ordered my turbo now tho :D:D:D:D:D

ahhh ive just got home
just Been round the M25 to start getting some miles on her, can only do 60-63mph @ 3k rpm!!!
got my car back today yippee, me and joe have both had good days :D

runs sweet as a nut, i anyone though my exhaust was nice before its even better now :D
it deeper and more :lol:

they have done a terific job, they fitted all new rear brake lines too, for it to pass the MOT, so shes all good, :D
will get some pics tomorro, and start the turbo conversion and other modifications,

mileage so far 157!! hundreds more to go hahaha

might pop down to see edk tomorro for a cup of tea and come home again :D
and up to see joes 5door gti thursday :D

as for the engine it has a slightly lumpy idle at about 750rpm and vibrates the car proper with them poly engine mounts, and even though it has a lower compresion it is still more even from 1750rpm it just zips up to 3k! (on dry ground this is not on the snow !:))

had a landrover pullup next to me at a set of local trafic lights on my right, and was reving it, obviously wanted a race like :(
he flew off the lights and left me crawling, i can only rev up to 3k rpm haha :lol:
wait 3 weeks then we'll see ;)

Awesome mate, I was gonna phone ya and ask about this but thought it was too late in the eve!

Been round the M25? I thought I heard something loud going by the M3 junction near me :D

Yes mate come over you're more than welcome :thumb: Give me a bell when you think you'll be over my way.

you should come up here stu, thatll bump up your miles, can look at these seats too :lol: good to hear its back and ok.

you should come up here stu, thatll bump up your miles, can look at these seats too :lol: good to hear its back and ok.

We're convoying up to brum tomorrow eve :D

Stu's ride is going to be a beast when the turbo goes in next week... oh and it still sounds awesome :D better in fact! Nice one stufa!

Back
Top Bottom