my gti, :-)

these arrived today :D:D:D:
100_1834.jpg

100_1837.jpg

100_1835.jpg

100_1838.jpg

Yeah you need a 90degree bend one for the lowport engines. I'll hunt around for a part number of mine but if not, i'll see if syms knows it.

ive been a busy be the last few weeks,
here what ive got recently :D
all i need is the turbo,
i had 2 pulsar units which i sent to turbo technics, they stripped them and they were knackered cracked housings etc :(
so need to save up for a turbo now, im getting a gtir unit back but fully rebuilt to a stage 1 hybrid which can run up to 1.7 bar :lol:, with 2 years warranty (as its still technically a standard gtir unit )
£575 inc vat
only thing is it may not be ready for the mids meet :(
i got it booked in at GT-ART n everything :(
we'll have to wait and see :D
here what i got ;

picked these up today :D will make a 2021cc, not major but everylittle helps, +0.5mm
100_1885.jpg
100_1888.jpg

100_1889.jpg

Greddy profec B spec II boost controller
100_1893.jpg
100_1891.jpg

some jdm indicators from japan :)
100_1894.jpg

some samco boost pipes to fit it my forge BOV and to connect to the TB (cheers simcard ;))
100_1880.jpg

turbo gasket and T-piece connector for the turbo coolant feed
100_1881.jpg
100_1877.jpg

some poly bushes for the wishbones and full ARB kit (cheers COV :))
100_1883.jpg

thanks

cheers mate,
i was all set and ready to be running turbo and mapped by the 16th of feb, but thats been smashed now, i booked it in for mapping the lot,
argh !!!
ive got all of what i need pretty much, need to get a down pipe made,
and the injectors are in the post,
thats it really
all bar the turbo!!! :(
:D

im trying really, :D
cant not eat im a chef :lol:

my car is in the garage as we speak :)
im taking the pistons down there tomorro, should have it back for sat, they've got to bore, lighten and balance the crank again, and some small head work enhancement, like a skim here and polishing there,

then ive got to run it in for nearly 1k miles ...... boring :lol:

then i can bolt all my turbo bits on yippee,
well all minus the turbo FFS grrr :(

while you there stu ask him how much boring the block costs and how long it takes, should give me a rough guide as to what i gotta budget for then for mine, cheers :)

make sure you run the engine in right, i hear driving around like a fanny alllll the time for bedding in is not good, some talk about pressure when you full throttle it in higher gears makes the rings push out onto the walls and helps the rings bed in better?

Looking good Stufa, should be pretty potent.

How much boost do you intend to run?

@ pel7, yeah itll be running for the 31st meet :D

@ cov, ill ask them for you :D

cheers dale, once its all on and running, ill run it on max boost for when i get it mapped, but ill run it between 1 and 1.5 bar , dont know about power output figures yet but 260-270 will be adequate but any more will be a bonus :D

i went to the garage today and dropped off the pistons, had a look at what they had done so far,
looks sweet, its really funny seeing my engine in pieces :D
the block is all stripped an acid dipped, the crank has been lightened some more and they have lighened the rods too ! all needs to be balanced with the pistons,
the head is all smooth where they have polished and ported it, and a few edges the valve seats,
their doing a fantasic job, will all be ready mon-wed next week :D
cant wait,
got some pics ill get them up tomorro :)

anyone know the best way to run the engine in, ive been told by the garage to not go over 3-3.5k for 500 miles, oil change, then start to give it a little bit for 500 more then oil change then whatever after that D

This is going to be awesome mate :D Good that they've gone into detail with the work. Will be great to see it in action!

Back
Top Bottom